Jambands.ca

holy sh!t was george clinton a hair away from a prince show

bouche

I was blown the fuck away by george clinton and p funk. I think I got to get funked for the last 40 minutes and even made it to the front with my camera.

I also realized that I had my little recorder with me so while I as back by the soundboard, where the place was FILLED with funk, I held it up for an experiment. It came out pretty well.

Here's a sendspace of a snippet of the show.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nkpncc

Los Lobos made it worth missing George as far as I am concerned. They played a set filled with their Blues tunes which would have made Jaimoe proud even though I had hoped for more of their latino avenues. I think the opening tunes were Key To The Highway, Crossroads and their seminal Dont Worry Baby.

Holy fuck though, they had some serious sound issues in there. You had to work fucking hard for the decent pockets and I dont blame anyone for leaving early.

Hell, this picture was taken from a bad sound pocket. Go figure. I am dead center for Christ's sake!

2001685031338857481_fs.jpg

what i saw from pfunk (which admittedly was very little) left me stunned at how much i disliked the performance of music which previously i had loved.

he should power down the mothership for good. how you can compare that to Prince is hard for me to understand.

I was at clinton only near the end and I was comparing it to Prince because of the music that I've heard prince play. There are major similarities to his really big funk jams that I've heard.

BTW, I've seen Clinton with prince and it's killer.