Jambands.ca

"Ottawa is a cesspool"

AD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I read it this morning, and my initial reaction was once again, she's good at pointing out the problem, but not very quick to offer a solution. She even goes on to say that's the extent of job... to point out problems... I think she's a problem... my solution would be to muzzle her, or get her to go a little more in depth with her article showing that she's a more critical thinker and worthy of disseminating her thoughts through a mass media system.

My girlfriend works in the PMO directly across from Parliament Hill and you would never ever see dealing or smoking there! I posted before that I saw the dealing and using going on, but it was nowhere near any tourist or school trip would be going (unless we are sending Grade 6 children to see the Beer Store on Rideau).

How could you when there are two uniformed RCMP officers sitting in a vehicle right at Rideau and Metcalfe all day, night and week long.

This lady is killing me with here sensational claims backed by absolutely no facts whatsoever!

As for going back to Toronto, well, whether you like it or not, Ottawa is my city. It is the national capital. The cradle of government in this country.

SCHOOL TRIPS

It's where I go if I want to see my MP at work.

Where do we send our children when we want them to understand the democratic underpinnings that keep this country great? We pack them in buses and send them off on school trips to Ottawa.

Like it or not, fellas, your city is the guardian of every institution we hold dear: The Supreme Court of Canada. The Parliament Buildings. The Peace Tower.

When we want our kids to pay tribute to our war dead at the National War Memorial, that's where we send them. If we want them to watch national debate in Parliament, they go to Ottawa. If they want to go the War Museum, the National Gallery -- all those great institutions that are the very essence of what it means to be Canadian -- they go Ottawa. And I don't think we want our kids to see drug deals going down right across from Parliament Hill.

Yeah, bring in the kids and the war dead to get SUN readers on your side. That's rich AND lame.

I love Ottawa. It is one of the most beautiful and elegant cities in the world. What better way to spend a hot summer evening than sitting out on a patio having dinner in one of those superb restaurants in the Byward Market? Yet I had to fight off panhandling drug addicts clearly desperate for quick cash for their next fix.

Oh puhleease! She had to FIGHT OFF panhandling drug addicts? I call complete bullshit on that. Anything to get published eh toots?

Aren't writers supposed to support claims with facts and some sort of educational background on the subject? I still want to know how she knows what crack smells and looks like and also how you identify a crack head from someone with a mental illness with no family or home.

To be fair, however, go hang out at the corner of Dalhousie and George Streets for an evening, or over by the Salvation Army shelter down the street. The crack dealing is rampant.

I was at Microplay on Bank St. today, shopping for video games, and was asked for money by a crackhead. This pretty much summarizes my experience with crack in Ottawa -- more and more bugged out people asking me for money in "inappropriate" places, like the mall in the building where I work, and on the bus. A lot of them are young women. It's really sad.

There's definitely the seeds of a bigger problem here but sensational journalism only confuses the issue and polarizes debate.

When you're writing an opinion piece (which is what her column is) facts are optional.

To be fair, however, go hang out at the corner of Dalhousie and George Streets for an evening, or over by the Salvation Army shelter down the street. The crack dealing is rampant.

Is that right across from Parliament? I checked, but I couldn't find those streets in front of parliament or near the war memorial.

To be fair' date=' however, go hang out at the corner of Dalhousie and George Streets for an evening, or over by the Salvation Army shelter down the street. The crack dealing is rampant.[/quote']

I was at Microplay on Bank St. today, shopping for video games, and was asked for money by a crackhead. This pretty much summarizes my experience with crack in Ottawa -- more and more bugged out people asking me for money in "inappropriate" places, like the mall in the building where I work, and on the bus. A lot of them are young women. It's really sad.

There's definitely the seeds of a bigger problem here but sensational journalism only confuses the issue and polarizes debate.

You can get a lot from a crack head chick if you play your cards right. Artie Lange was talking about that the other day on Howard 100.