Jambands.ca

If you go could go anywhere...

Ms Zimmy

you should check out the Osa Penninsula in Costa Rica.. I have a girlfriend that used to live there and said that it was incredible... they have huts up in the trees to rent for super low prices... apparently its a very remote, beautiful area...

cheers,

Nellie

i agree the osa is the spot to hit up in CR for the most amazing nature and beauty. awesome jungle hiking. crushing waves too as i recall on the southern tip of the peninsula, though i'm not sure they'd be great for surfing.

you guys probably wanna hit up pavones anyhow :)

if you do go to CR i have been all over there so we should chat!

If you decide to go to Costa Rica...a friend of mine, Stephanie, co-owns a surf shop in Nosara, CR. She spends about half of her year there. You could contact her for information about that area, accommodation, surfing, etc.. She's in CR right now for most of the summer. Tell her I told you about it. - Christine

Juan Surfo's Surf Shop

Guiones North End

Surfboard Rentals & Lessons

Surf Supplies, T-shirts, etc.

011-506-682-1081

juansurfo@yahoo.com

Her boyfriend down there also rents houses:

http://www.juansurfohouserentals.com/

Samara beach in Costa Rica is an awesome place to get beginner waves as well as intermediate waves in the same bay. Tons of wicked hikes and other activities nearby. As well as some awesome sunsets and partying. Also home of my favourite hostel we stayed at in Costa Rica, with a Canadian owner, who is also friends with the surf school- for renting boards n stuff..

nicaragua is also awesome, and a little cheaper.

Samara beach in Costa Rica is an awesome place to get beginner waves as well as intermediate waves in the same bay. Tons of wicked hikes and other activities nearby. As well as some awesome sunsets and partying. Also home of my favourite hostel we stayed at in Costa Rica, with a Canadian owner, who is also friends with the surf school- for renting boards n stuff..

nicaragua is also awesome, and a little cheaper.

What is the hostel called?

no good for surfing, but my dream destination is:

The Kingdom of Bhutan (IPA: [buË'tÉ‘Ën]) is a landlocked nation in the Himalaya Mountains, sandwiched between India and the People's Republic of China in South Asia. The local name for the country, Druk Yul. It is also called Druk Tsendhen (land of the thunder dragon), because the thunder there is said to be the sound of roaring dragons.

Bhutan is one of the most isolated and least developed nations in the world, however, the country maintains strong economic and cultural links with India. Foreign influences and tourism are heavily regulated by the government to preserve its traditional culture and national identity. The landscape ranges from subtropical plains in the south to the Himalayan heights in the north, with some peaks exceeding seven thousand metres. Mahayana Buddhism is the state religion and accounts for about half the population. Thimphu is the capital and largest town.

Takstan-monastery.jpg

Edited by Guest

wow....I'm really ranking CR high up on my destination list, now!

Jaimoe...don't miss the West Belfast Music Festival.

awesome city and people. I'm so jealous. Mmmmhmm, I can just smell the peat and feel the mist......

we spent our entire time in Northern Ireland, with only a half-day jaunt to the Republic!

ENJOY!!