Jambands.ca

8 years ago today: Phish Content

Northern Wish

The best Phish show I was ever in attendance for (Cypress should never be counted) happened in a hot hot Indiana 8 years ago today:

07/25/99 Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN

Set I: Meat, My Friend My Friend> My Left Toe> Whipping Post, Makisupa Policeman, Saw it Again, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Cavern

Set II: Birds of a Feather> Walk Away, Run Like An Antelope, Suzy Greenberg, HYHU> Purple Rain> HYHU, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Loving Cup

While RHCP and Limp Bizkit riled up the angsty teens at Woodstock and created an embarrassing night for concert goers worldwide; we got to groove in the cornfields of Indiana to our favorite band, sell our stickers without hassle and even see a special campground show from Umphrey's McGee.

Special thanks to my buddy tungstengruvsten for saving that special little treat, so he could entertain me all night long.......

S

Edited by Guest

i love this show, wasnt there but love the cdds i mean, lucky sumuhnuhbich.

No but the middle aged dude in front of us on the lawn who had clearly discovered ecstasy that night, surely lost his to himself in front of 20,000 heads.

bwahhahhahaha

that was a fun one :)

i met a girl that night who had come with a friend and they only had 1 ticket for each night. her phishhead friend chose the 26th as it was tour closer and 2nd night. so this girl went on the 25th and it was her first show ever. what an awesome first show!

i think that night was the first time i saw UM play as well, in the campground.