Jambands.ca

Appetite For Destruction turns 20

Pablo Sanchez

I bought that album on cassette along with Temple of The Dog and Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger in Florida when I was in Grade 6.

Good Times! I remember rockin' out to 'My Michelle" in the back of my parents van while we waited in line to get into Disney World.

I remember being 12 years old, at hockey practice, and Joey Alberta was singing Paradise City in the locker room. My first exposure to Gn'R. Was one of the first CD's I ever bought, and I still have the same copy. They were my favorite band from 7th grade 'till about 10th grade, and were basically the reason I learned to play the guitar.

This was pretty much our theme cd for my old high school hockey team...the whole cd would play through while we were gearing up and getting ready to play...then the first song...welcome to the jungle was always played when we took the ice and warmed up...pure cheese :P

Of all things.... this makes me feel like one old man.

Tell me about it. I was 17 when it was released.

Although, I am proud to say I was never a fan, nor have I ever purchased or even owned a single Guns and roses album and I imagine I never will. 028ws9.gif