Jambands.ca

Ottawa Folk Festival 2007

bouche

I volunteered at the Ottawa Folk Fest in the mid-to-late-1990s, and the big problem wasn't people in chairs vs. people that were standing, it was tall chairs vs. "lo" chairs (those little wooden things) and people who wanted to spread out blankets on the ground. For at least one year, they split the grounds in front of the main stage down the middle, one side for higher chairs, one for lower ones and blankets (with prominently displayed signs). One of the jobs on security was to keep the high chairs out of the low-chair area, and off the walkways. I can recall telling people who were getting set up in an incorrect space that they had to move. Generally, they were, at worst, unhappy, and nobody gave me any grief.

Aloha,

Brad

I volunteered at the Ottawa Folk Fest in the mid-to-late-1990s, and the big problem wasn't people in chairs vs. people that were standing, it was tall chairs vs. "lo" chairs (those little wooden things) and people who wanted to spread out blankets on the ground. For at least one year, they split the grounds in front of the main stage down the middle, one side for higher chairs, one for lower ones and blankets (with prominently displayed signs). One of the jobs on security was to keep the high chairs out of the low-chair area, and off the walkways. I can recall telling people who were getting set up in an incorrect space that they had to move. Generally, they were, at worst, unhappy, and nobody gave me any grief.

Aloha,

Brad

Ottawa is so weird. At leat there's some cool people there. (ie. all you badasses on this board), But anyway, Kris Kristofferson would be pretty cool.

anyone know about a "Bank Street Stage" as part of the folk festival next saturday, the 18th? Pollstar lists The Sadies and Ashley MacIssac playing on this stage. MacIssac's website agrees, while the Sadies have nothing posted. No info anywhere that I can find.