Jambands.ca

Van Halen Tour Announced

Swan

Objectively: You can't deny that VH is really cheesy. There are facts in life and this is one of them.

I can prove you wrong: I deny that VH is really cheesy. Good point though.

Didn't you say that you were trying to understand why people like them? That you wanted to be enlightened?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you say that you were trying to understand why people like them? That you wanted to be enlightened?

Yes, absolutely. And now I feel like I've learned something because of the points about technical ability and the vibe they put out. I think people like Van Halen in the same way that AC DC gets me all hot and bothered.

Learn something new every day.

I am a huge original Van Halen fan (with Roth) and I saw one of the Toronto and was very inpressed.

So I can just imagine how tight the must have sounded in 1980.

Van Halen has many thing going for them that put them in an elite class.

1. Eddie Van Halen's revolutionary guitar technique

2. Alex Van Halen's killer snare sound and technique.

3. Vocal Harmonies (most metal bands do not have the musical chops to pull that off)

4. One of the best frontmen all time in ROth. He's cocky, brash and can connect with audience and his voice has a very alluring timbre.

5. The songs are very well put together and have intricate arrangents.

6. Th classic Van Halen albums were all produced by legendary producer Ted Templeman and they sound very polished and precise.

Even if you don't like metal Van Halen is important in the development of Rock'n'Roll.

I am a huge original Van Halen fan (with Roth) and I saw one of the Toronto and was very inpressed.

So I can just imagine how tight the must have sounded in 1980.

Van Halen has many thing going for them that put them in an elite class.

1. Eddie Van Halen's revolutionary guitar technique

2. Alex Van Halen's killer snare sound and technique.

3. Vocal Harmonies (most metal bands do not have the musical chops to pull that off)

4. One of the best frontmen all time in ROth. He's cocky, brash and can connect with audience and his voice has a very alluring timbre.

5. The songs are very well put together and have intricate arrangents.

6. Th classic Van Halen albums were all produced by legendary producer Ted Templeman and they sound very polished and precise.

Even if you don't like metal Van Halen is important in the development of Rock'n'Roll.

Oh but I do like metal!

And this was a very enlightening post. Spank-you very much! (Still working on making every thread dirty)

The original Van Halen was important and one of the only hard rock bands that mattered during their initial run. Eddie is a guitar god. Period. Arguing about Eddie's innovation and chops is stupid. I don't like Johnny Marr or Kevin Shields, but I know they deserve and earned their places in the rock guitar god pantheon.