Jambands.ca

Spades @ Rivoli this Friday

Dr. J

A good show on Friday night at The Rivoli! The only guests were Gord Sinclair, on an acoustic guitar that I couldn't hear. More for show for the DVD I suppose. I reckon maybe the boys were anticipating more guests but it didn't pan out. There were about 5 cameras rolling for this DVD filming show. The sound was good and the boys were tight. The setlist was taped to the wall in huge script, which I didn't like. I prefer to not know whats next -- and also the song selection wasn't necessarily my favourite. James is doing some cool stuff with feedback that I haven't seen him do before. I love The Spades for their honest tunes and how their sound reflects influences from the very roots of rock and roll. There's something pure and strong about their sound in that way. I brought a few Spades virgins down and turned them into converts. Great to see you again Dr. J!

I love The Spades for their honest tunes and how their sound reflects influences from the very roots of rock and roll. There's something pure and strong about their sound in that way.

If there were 2 lines I wish I had written about this band, I think it would be these.

Thanks, Kev.

Nice to have you back in the country.

Too many late nights/early mornings in the old red van.... Police Cruiser

Spades will be doing a set at the Peterborough Folk Festival this coming Sunday @ 3:00 for anyone who's around.

It's free.

It's been a while since I've seen these guys. I'll be up North this week but hopefully will try and catch 'em using my reverse flow populace evasion tactics; i.e. leaving cottage country before all the people get there.... ;)

edit to add: I've been informed that this already happened.

Edited by Guest
what day, month, year is it?