Jambands.ca

Where were you four years ago today?

paisley

“When the highwayman holds his gun to your head, you turn your valuables over to him.

You 'consent' alright, but you do so because you cannot help yourself, because you are compelled by his gun.

Are you not compelled to work for an employer? Your need compels you, just as the highwayman’s gun.â€

- Alexander Berkman

law-less

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm..... << MMmmmmm.... Tastie.....

Really Tastie.. O O I think there there used to be a marshmallow fest.. Everyone longweekend of the summer.

There were lots of buffet... Near the end tho we were running outa tobacco and smoking window Sill,...

I was unavailable for service for some time. Unavailable i was unable to provide my services and my empire as a free winded blowing sole was send A flying like a kite in the wind.

Though there was talk of smugglement off the grounds of incarcement, thow shelt to be bound. For i feared for thy Sword.

In all gentle respect. I think that might have been the year that i might not have been able to make it out that summer.

NOw Hast! I have A Son!

And !!! REUBEN !!! is his name.

May now I begin another 600 Moons

I hope to see you all in bright moonlight.

ugh

If we can't have revolution, we just might settle for revenge.

- George Oswall

Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law.

- Henry David Thoreau

...a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing...

- Thomas Jefferson

more food more bed more blackouts more honest days in life

- paisley

Edited by Guest
indeed

just talking with one of the guys from Battleship Ethel tonight who just got back from "off the grid" out west... said it was too clean for him, he wasn't ready... pissed him off sorta

I respected those words... the perfectness of out west chased me home too

(free movie night at pjc, too band no skancs... free.... sun ra and pink floyd movies... all musician audience)

we all belong off the grid, we're built for it... hard wired and full of a million years of evolution

electricity's been around a hundred years and a bit... television should be illegal

Edited by Guest
anarch-best

I'm looking into a place off the grid, I want to buy. (with 25 acres!!!) It's a little scary though. How was the place you stayed at working out?

if you and Sara ever need a hand skipping out took a year of forestry 10 years back and grew up running off into the forest every chance possible... happy to help any way I can

when not posting crazy shit am generally sober and full of positive subversive pinko thoughts

get land... build shelter... find local (mostly) and some not quite as local (less) people to work for... they're half off the grid themselves and will sympathize for a beautiful couple with a brand new beautiful baby

I remember it was Cactus Fest in Dundas. We ventured down to the Collins for some brews... had to drink them quickly as the few that were lucky enough to find themselves on ice were quickly dissapearing.

I remember feeling bad for all of the local restaurants, bars, vendors, etc that bring in an uncharacteristically large stock in order to accommodate the festival crowd. A lot of people lot a hell of a lot of money due to spoilage that weekend.

But from our end of things (other than the sweltering heat of the apartment), I enjoyed roaming around with friends in the dark. There was an extra aroma of freedom in the air...

The stillness at night in the city was quite foreign to me.

the blackout was one of my favourite things in recent memory. after spending two hours getting home to sunnyside from prince of wales and hunt club, we bbq-ed everything in the freezer, drank all the liquids in the fridge, wandered the neighbourhood and had sooo much bbq (including salmon steaks and lamb chops from strangers), then just sat on the porch in the dark laughing with the passerbys who kept running into each other in the total dark.

unfortunately i lived close to the canal, a tourist area, meaning the lights went on there first. that was around 12:30 in the morning. i skipped work the next day though.

i was in victoria! there was no blackout there.

ahhhhhhh.... sweet, sweet victoria.

my friend in TO did call me from her work to ask me if i could see anything on the news, to make sure it wasn't a terrorist attack. then her phone went dead and i went for a lovely walk with my friend, who bought a ceramic owl from a shop on antique row.

ah victoria. :)

Working at The Beer Store in lovely downtown Kitchener. Started calling folks to tell them i had the hook up and we ended up having one of the best house parties i've been to here at MamaPink's pad. i think there were like 20 or so people all drinkin and havin a ball to candle light.

KW blackout party INDEED!

SO MUCH FUN!!!

blackout1.jpg

Doin' summer theatre in Picton, heard the power was out and immediately went to the beer store for 5 cases. laughed, drank, toked and joked in the candlelight with our cast and crew then had a jam session out on the marquee. the power was back on before morning.