Jambands.ca

Another QoTD...how to combat sadness??

Calamity Jane

man, I'm blue today.

I can list the possible reasons why (bleah weather, end of summer approaching, end of family vacationing, gearing up for work again, yadda yadda yadda)...

none of these reasons I can control...but I want to be able to combat the sadness...

what do you do when you're feeling a HEAVY wave of the blues????

yeah, I'm really tempted by the cold beer in the fridge, but I was looking for something a little more original (and more helpful, actually) than my old standby.

Stuck all day in the house with grumpy kids, dealing with cleaning/laundry after a week of camping with deer aint helping. A bike ride might though, once Dave gets home.

Sorry you're feeling down.. that sucks.

What do I do?

I kinda wallow for a while... then kick my ass into gear by getting out of the house and doing something that I normally enjoy... even if I dont feel like it... like going to a museum, or a beach or for a hike.

It almost always works. Its just the kicking your own ass part that is hard to get going...

i happened to be on the SPCA site this morning and there is a REALLY cute gray tabby and equally cute orange tabby. both kittens.

here is a picture of my kitty when she was a baby:

halliecuteap9.jpg

and if that didn't work you can also check out lolcats.com. i got a bunch of laughs there this morning. ooo and if that STILL doesn't work, go here and watch the video, it's hilarious:

funny

getting the grumps is aweful...and sometimes difficult to kick.

When I get this way, I need to laugh. Lounging/relaxing only seems to make me feel worse. So get out to a stand-up comedy act, or rent Dennis Leary's No Cure For Cancer. Watch it over and over and over. And then rent Delirious.

Wish I was feeling funny right now...but I'm drawing blanks. I'll give it try though, just for you:

Andre's armpits stink...more than normal.

My doggie brings me presents. aka empty beer cans. Empty? that's not a present.

I wrote an exam yesterday and someone farted. One of those high-pitched squeeky ones. No one laughed. I was bursting at the seams.

Andre farts on the dog just to watch him sniff it.

I was eating lunch in the caf today with a friend. Some guy was staring at us like we were aliens. I proceeded to eat my sandwich like I had not eaten in days...growls, snorts and all. "arrrr mmmm. I love my sandwich. It's arr mmm deee-licious." growl, snort.

here's a fun thing you can try - sing a song all wrong - change the words, the keys, the timing everything - as loud as you can.

I was gonna give you a quote that is magnet-attached to the fridge, from Henry Miller - whom I love dearly, but meggo loves not so much, though she had it on her fridge when I met her - that always cheers me up and gives me some perspective, but I wanted to get it just right, and it looks like it has disappeared?

Well, here's a random one - 'I call architecture frozen music.' That's from Goethe. I find it sad in that way that sometimes makes people happy when they're sad. Indulgent sadness, y'know?

I'm with LJFH re: the extent of my advice. I can recommend drink, a walk if you can hack it, and not much more. Good curry cheers me up, too, sometimes. Here's hoping that we all wake up happier in the morning (actually, that would make for a good toast, methinks).

We all love you dearly, though. And there is always that.

Since I work nights right now, and Sara is on Mat leave, I get "Happy Wake-ups" to avoid any possibility of grumpy days.

Other than that, The Dead really loud always makes me happy. Oddly though, I've had to stop listening to Phish on my way to work. For some reason I've found whenever I listen to Phish on my way to work, I ALWAYS have a bad night. This has been scientifically proven by me. Weird.

man, I'm blue today.

I can list the possible reasons why (bleah weather, end of summer approaching, end of family vacationing, gearing up for work again, yadda yadda yadda)...

none of these reasons I can control...but I want to be able to combat the sadness..

heh clamity i a,m blue and i go to the legion to great bluer all shit faces down here

i do nothign nas i am blue all the time

life i say or the weather or people n it

what do you do when you're feeling a HEAVY wave of the blues????

yeah, I'm really tempted by the cold beer in the fridge, but I was looking for something a little more original (and more helpful, actually) than my old standby.

Stuck all day in the house with grumpy kids, dealing with cleaning/laundry after a week of camping with deer aint helping. A bike ride might though, once Dave gets home.

you ar elucky you hsvr dave to get bluer he he

the bluse rocks