Jambands.ca

Neil Young @ MASSEY HALL Nov 26, 27 & 29

Kanada Kev

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah... Neil got diagnosed with a freakin' brain aneurysm..... then he went and wrote and recorded an album BEFORE going in for treatment.

He's unstoppable.

I'm not going to let these shows break my 2007 concert drought but that's largely b/c I know tix will be next to impossible to get. Good luck to all though. I imagine TimmyB is floating in the air right now.

Fair warning, in the past, Massey Hall has prohibited "new" Friends from having access to the pre-sale tix for obviously high demand shows (probably to prevent scapling, and to maintain good odds for existing Friends), and on other occasions, they have simply not had a Friends pre-sale at all. I have no idea what the deal is now, or for these two shows.

Yep...some big shows (like Arcade Fire) wouldn't allow me Friends First access at the $80 level...but seeing as I got in anyway I wasn't to pissed (that and the fact that it got me great seats for Wilco (x2), Ryan Adams, and the Cowboys junkies)

I'm not afraid of Neil dying or packing it in any time soon.

The fact that I can still see guys as old as BB King play gives me pretty good optimism that Neil isn't on his way out.

Now, Ween on the other hand could self-destruct any time, but that's more of a self-induced problem than anything else... ;)

Just got an email for Neil Young presales (via musictoday.com service) for the first part of the tour. It's tomorrow ... so get ready if you're hitting any of the other cities (don't know why TOronto isn't listed for the upcoming presales).

header.jpg

NEIL YOUNG TICKETING PRE-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT AND CD OFFER

Neil Young is pleased to announce pre-sale ticketing for his 2007 Chrome Dreams Tour. You can buy tickets to select Neil Young shows before they go on sale to the public through www.neilyoung.com and this webpage:

www.neilyoung.tickets.musictoday.com

Neil Young Direct Ticketing allows you to buy tickets online for upcoming shows directly from the artist in an effort to reduce the high surcharges from other online ticket vendors, and to offer a more convenient ticketing option.

Please check the website for updated information on fan pre-sales and general public on-sales.

Fans purchasing tickets to Neil Young will receive a copy of Neil's new album Chrome Dreams II!

CDs will be shipped before the show so fans will be able to hear Chrome Dreams II before Neil performs selections live! Ticket purchases of 3 tickets or less per transaction will receive 1 copy of the CD. Persons purchasing 4 tickets per transaction will receive 2 copies of the CD. There is a 4 ticket per person limit. Five business days after the purchase process you will receive a special URL with a one-time access code to receive your free CD. Offer applies to all Internet purchases.

DATE CITY VENUE

PRE-SALE

10/18/07 Boise, ID Morrison Center

9-12 @ 10am Mountain

10/20/07 Spokane, WA Spokane Opera House

9-12 @ 10am Pacific

10/22/07 Portland, OR Keller Theatre

9-12 @ 10am Pacific

10/23/07 Seattle, WA WAMU Center

9-12 @ 10am Pacific

10/30/07 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre LA Live

9-12 @ 10am Pacific

11/05/07 Denver, CO Wells Fargo Center

9-12 @ 10am Mountain

11/12/07 Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre

9-12 @ 10am Central

11/13/07 Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre

9-12 @ 10am Central

Neil Young Chrome Dreams Continental Tour will also visit: Boston, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Wallingford, and Washington. Date, venue and ticket information to follow.

got some not so good news.

i called friends first today. i've been a member for a few years, so it didn't sound like was a person who just jumped on for these shows...

i asked why it hasn't been announced if friends first will be an option for these shows. Liz told me with the influx of new memberships they've received since the announcement, they are more than happy....however, it appears that friends first will not be an option for these shows.

she told me massey hall/rth is fighting to have it, but, unfortunately neil's camp is saying they want their own fanclub (which one?) to have first crack at tickets....

i told her there is going to be a lot of upset new members, and she told me that all they have to do is read their 'agreement' to see that not all shows have 'friends first'.

Edited by Guest