Jambands.ca

New Ottawa Radio show!

gentlemonkey

Hello Children of the Board!

Hope you've all had a nice summer!

So, Ed Staples (of Gruvlix fame) and I (lixgrooves fame) have begun co-hosting a radio show on CKCU (93.1 on your FM dial)- Tuesday nights at 11pm. (TA-NIGHT MA-FA!).

It's basically a cornicopius mix of all things smooth and sweet, hard and soft, bitter and shameful. In essence, we're spinning all our favourite music into a bit of a musical man-stew; so we've titled our program:

BewCocky Salsa

Cum join us!!

XOXOXO

Interesting show last night! ... I realized at about 10:58 that Ed wasnt there, and I had to go it alone. With only half a show worth of music, I freaked out for a few seconds, but with a bit of help from the previous DJ, and my mad verbal improv skills, I did it alone.. trial by fire! Fun stuff and not too hard, it turned out. Ed called about midnight and said he had fallen asleep after school and missed it! Turned out to be a great way to learn everything.

To give you an idea of the stuff I played: Steely Dan, Hylozoists, Sloan, Kings of Leon, Revolting Cocks, Peter Bjorn and John, some weird bluegrass, Rheostatics.. and some other stuff.

Anyway, yaa its fun!

And yes William, 'elbeejay!' continues to rock out weekly in a Gilmour Street basement.. I think we'll be gigging around later in the fall.

thanks for asking!

ps- Andre- there is no air supply in the Carleton archives!!

After realizing I'd somehow thought you said 9...duh...smoke less crack huli...we caught some of it before falling asleep. Cool beans. Nice that we can stream it when we get back to Electric city too...exspecially since I'm getting increasingly homesick for Capital city.

Thats cool your band will be playing...I hope it doesn't interfere with neros reunion. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked the show last night. Great song selections, hilarious banter and great radio voices on both of you.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a reminder about the show on Tuesday mornings! If you find that too self-serving then a pm to remind me would be nice until I get into the habit.

Has ckcu any plans to make the shows available as a podcast?

GM, create a 468x60 banner and I will set it up to run on tuesdays as a reminder. It will also be a service donation to CKCU.

sounds like a great idea bouche- unfortunately, we have no design skills/ know how/ concepts or whatnot.

I'll try and bump this thread next week as a reminder!

thanks for checkin it out todd n heather!