Jambands.ca

Did you know...Bagels...

rubberdinghy

"Kettleman's Rulez"? Are you kidding? I think their bagels are shite. And their excuse for a "latke" just adds insult to injury.

Next time you eat a kettleman's bagel pay attention to the aftertaste - I find it very metallic and I think it's because they do not use filtered water, just tap water in the dough.

Ottawa Bagelshop doesn't have the same bad taste in your mouth, they are the superior bagel in town.

Neither place holds a candle to St.Viateur proper. Their bagels have just a bit of salt on the outside so you get a nice sweet/salt combination which neither Ottawa bagelshop nor Kettleman's gives me.

The latkes are shite, but nobody goes there for latkes.

I like Kettlemans still. I'm no connoisseur but I know what I like.

I think Kettlemans uses honey-water (water with honey in it). I do not know if it is filtered. I will look for this metallic aftertaste you describe next time I go. I don't like salt on my bagels.

Does the St Viateur or Bagelshop make sandwiches or are they just selling bagels?

Ill tell yea a Ol Hickster Special for Bagels have one almost every morning for breakfast before work, you start with a toasted Bagel, put some butter a slice of good cheddar aged cheese( Im the Cheese lovein Master) adn then have a good helping of VegiMite or MarMite... yummy... nothign like a Marmite and Cheese Bagel, I think im off to get one now !

Ill tell yea a Ol Hickster Special for Bagels have one almost every morning for breakfast before work, you start with a toasted Bagel, put some butter a slice of good cheddar aged cheese( Im the Cheese lovein Master) adn then have a good helping of VegiMite or MarMite... yummy... nothign like a Marmite and Cheese Bagel, I think im off to get one now !

marmite. that's basically Yeast Feces.