Jambands.ca

ryan adams meltdown

Chewie

Glad I was lucky to catch a good night in his world.

Dicey propostion going to see this guy that is for sure, but when he makes it worth it- its out of this world and worth 10 bad shows.

It probably made it to CNN because of his past history in town, and no bridges collapsed yesterday. The Vikings stink, the Twins are the same, Garnett has left the Wolves, "The Body" is no longer in Congress. What else is there to talk about?

Edited by Guest

This sounds like a continuation of his frustration with his monitor tech that I witnessed in Toronto and wrote about in the fall tour tracker thread.

I have no doubt that the tech and the PA system itself are travelling with the tour so I wonder why they haven't just fired this guy if he can't do his job right.

I would have also been frustrated with a 70-minute show as a spectator, but I know the kind of shitty situation it is being onstage and not being able to hear your own voice when you sing.

this was the AP, not PT, so yeah i believe what was reported (a ryan adams concert write-up is not exactly the white house spin-machine) ...it's funny how the sheep love to defend this guy...just admit RA is not exactly the most professional person on stage and we can move on...

This sounds like a continuation of his frustration with his monitor tech that I witnessed in Toronto and wrote about in the fall tour tracker thread.

I have no doubt that the tech and the PA system itself are travelling with the tour so I wonder why they haven't just fired this guy if he can't do his job right.

I would have also been frustrated with a 70-minute show as a spectator, but I know the kind of shitty situation it is being onstage and not being able to hear your own voice when you sing.

You've got a great point there. It feels like torture having to perform in front of people when you can't hear yourself.

You know, if a venue books an act like Ryan Adams they really should know to get their shit together and make it sound good. It more important with this particular act to have it sound good on stage than to the audience. If it sounds good on stage to the musicians, the audience is in for a good show.

just admit RA is not exactly the most professional person on stage and we can move on...

I think one of the other sheeps point was that you have not seen him in concert so you are guessing as to his professionalism and behaviour.

I saw Toronto in June, sat right beside my girlfriend and we have two totally different opinions on what went on that night and its impact on the show and the crowd.

Its up to each individual sheep to decide what they see and like. Thats why we go to see shows isn't it?