Jambands.ca

Recent Parity with CDN and US $

Ol'Hickster

OKay I belive and have since the war on "Terrorism"/ "Oil" has started, That the CDN dollar HAS'NT Grown but more that the US Dollar has Fallen do to extended over spending on a no win war( which will never be won) cause the countrys holding Tali-ban programs keep moving headquarters"""" ( hah) But as I see I think the US wil keep parity but watch in the next 5 years or so watch , perhaps a small resession? Who knows beond specualation ? no one!

Thats the other argument I have heard on a other not is that CDN business have not adjusted fasted enough to the change in economic dollar value, so tat it is fair even though the Us and CDn dollar is almost parity, the CDN side of business have yet to lower prices to as what the Us pay, Soon to come of perhaps never? who knows, I actually read a couple good articals in the Toronto star and the Metro talking about this so it is stil up in the air im stil waiting to see what happens for sure!!

I don't know but the price difference of the average commodity is ridiculous. I was in Chapters this past weekend looking at the prices of books in the US vs. Canada and almost had to cross the border because of it!

As a manager at a Chapters I do know that this is a major issue that our home office is dealing with... its actually priority number one right now... what people need to understand with regards to books is that the prices are actually set by the vendor more than 6 months in advance... people shopping in retail dont notice the difference on many products but with books u physically see the price diferences side by side so my front line people feel the brunt of the consumers pain... Just letting you know that the vendors are being pressured as we speak however with the 6 month time frame it takes a while for the ripple to actually reach the consumer...