Jambands.ca

Bruce Springsteen Tour Tracker **Now with 2007 show link**

Northern Wish

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it weren't for Toronto traffic I might have considered jumpin in the car right now and speeding (lookin at you Velvet!).

Sean

ps. I am calling a 10th Ave first timer on this tour tonight.

I'm calling a Feist gets on stage with the Boss.

I am very interested to see if this happens, or any other guest spot. Its not that common that the Boss has others out during his shows, so if this becomes something special for this tour- I will be as surprised as I was last night.

I think AF was perfectly suited, but I'm not sure how Feist would do up there.

Oh yeah, and I had a few beers ;-)

October 15 / Toronto, ON / Air Canada Centre

Notes: For the back half of their two-show jaunt to Canada, Bruce pulled out more of a standard set. No Arcade Fire repeat performance; that was a one-off for Ottawa only. But the nightly tour debuts continue -- tonight's was a brisk "For You" -- demonstrating how remarkably on their mettle the band is for this early in the tour. Another golden oldie, "Incident on 57th Street" was dedicated to Humphrey Kadaner, president of HMV Canada and a longtime Bruce fan, who personally guaranteed his customers that they'd love Magic or get their money back. This was Kadaner's 87th Springsteen concert. The crowd at this sold-out show (there were a couple thousand empty seats in Ottawa -- keep kicking yourselves, A.F. fans!) ate it all up. They clearly knew the new material, and while the more obscure "Thundercrack" didn't seem to ring bells for many, it wound up being very well received. It didn't hurt that the band absolutely nailed it. No one was complaining nine nights ago in Philly, but since then the confidence, the pacing, the tightness, have all dramatically improved. Also during that time, "Dancing in the Dark" (with the house lights staying up, following "Born to Run") has found a consistent home as the night's penultimate song, replacing "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" for a much stronger encore. This is a show, and a band, that's ready to take Manhattan.

Setlist:

Radio Nowhere

Night

Lonesome Day

Gypsy Biker

For You

Magic

Reason to Believe

Candy's Room

She's the One

Livin' in the Future

The Promised Land

Town Called Heartbreak

Incident on 57th Street

Darlington County

Devil's Arcade

The Rising

Last to Die

Long Walk Home

Badlands

Girls in Their Summer Clothes

Thundercrack

Born to Run

Dancing in the Dark

American Land

FOR YOU AND CANDY'S ROOM!?! Crap, should have hopped in the truck.

S

FOR YOU AND CANDY'S ROOM!?! Crap, should have hopped in the truck.S

YUP. you shoulda :)

Incident on 57th was a real treat and i LOVED hearing THUNDERCRACK!

Great time last night. Had a sweet spot dead center just in front of the soundboard where I got to hang with about 8 good friends and rocked.

My ears are a little muffled today ... good times :)

When I get the picture of me and Little Steven i'll post it here. Pretty cool, I got to meet Silvio