Jambands.ca

Slowcoaster or JSB??

LJFH

Home for thanksgiving and going to see a show in Saint John tonight...but not sure whether to go see Slowcoaster or JSB?

any suggestions?

JSB is doing two nights in Ottawa in a couple of weeks (Friday, Oct. 19, and Saturday, Oct. 20, both at Mavericks), so if it were me, I think I'd opt for Slowcoaster, knowing I'd be able to get my fill o' JSB here in Ottawa.

I think the Slowcoaster show also features That 1 Guy, and I've heard some really good things about him.

Aloha,

Brad

I used to be big into JSB...then I got upset because the setlist started to get very repetitive and old. Then they started to write new songs that would make only one or two appearances because they weren't really good. Then I really stopped caring for the band.

Now I see them from time to time and they have a brand new repertoire which is not bad...but I find myself hankering for the original old songs (up in arms, astronauts, night in the life of fly jimmy swift)

IMO Slowcoaster has had a steady track record, so I like them as much as i always have.

Not to beat the GTB horse, but the same can be applied to them. Dancey/Jammy turned indie rock, though I really still appreciate old GTB. so good.