Jambands.ca

Cream Cheese on Pizza!

Hal Johnson

Sorento's is just off Elgin on Lisgar I beleive...

shit. that is too close to work. is this pizza really good? Is it like "Pizza by Alfredo" or "Alfredo's Pizza Cafe" ?

Should I suggest this as a lunch to workmates at my office who are always looking for something on fridays?

My wife makes this pizza from a Pampered Chef recipe. It call for cresent roll dough but we use a sheet of puff pastry. Roll out the pastry like a pizza dough and bake it off. When its cooled down add the toppings. This blow veggies and dip out of the water.

[color:blue]Cool Veggie Pizza

1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise

1 teaspoon Dill Mix or dill weed

salt and pepper to taste

2 cups of a variety of fresh vegetables: zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, green or red peppers, green onions, seeded tomatoes, seeded cucumbers, etc.

1 oz. (1/4 cup) shredded cheddar cheese, if desired

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Spread crescent roll dough onto 13-inch baking stone and pinch seams together (you can probably use a cookie sheet as well). Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool completely.

Blend cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt and pepper. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of cooled crust. Coarsely chop or crinkle cut chosen vegetables.

Sprinkle layer of each vegetable over pizza. Top with grated cheese, if desired. Refrigerate before serving.

Yield: 8-10 appetizer servings