Jambands.ca

HD Sport channels on Rogers

ollie

I noticed that channels 490 - 492 sometimes show HD feeds of US channels such as Versus, NESN, ESPN, etc. Last night had Colorado vs. St. Louis, Boston vs. LA and an NCAA football game. And right now all three are showing NCAA football.

I don't have a sports package as part as my bundle so I'm wondering where these channels come from. It's pretty awesome, I hope this isn't just some free preview.

Fingers crossed that they have Sens @ Rangers on MSG tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting that the Nashville/Calgary game on channel 493 last night had no branding at all... no TV station bug, no score, no clock, nothing, although it was from the Sportsnet West feed.

That seems odd. It may have been a technical graphics issue or that they just picked up the clean feed last night for an extra game during this special showcase freebee month.

Interesting that the Nashville/Calgary game on channel 493 last night had no branding at all... no TV station bug' date=' no score, no clock, nothing, although it was from the Sportsnet West feed.

[/quote']

That seems odd. It may have been a technical graphics issue or that they just picked up the clean feed last night for an extra game during this special showcase freebee month.

Thanks for confirming that Jaimoe. What is this a freebie for? Will I still get the HD hockey games with my centre ice package? Thanks.

Will I still get the HD hockey games with my centre ice package?

I'm pretty sure that the HD games are included in Centre Ice, Ollie (there's no separate Centre Ice HD package). You should note that they only show games in HD when that source is already available (on Versus, regional US coverage, etc).

I think you should phone Rogers regarding HD and Centre Ice. I have no idea about the pay channels and their HD availability.

Are you able to tell me what we are getting a freebee of though? (referring to your own words in the post above)

Thanks.

dave-o, that's my thinking too, just looking for confirmation.