Jambands.ca

Best quote of 2007

The Chameleon

Best Quote Of 2007

By Chris Rock, comedian 2-28-07

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.

i don't know what's wrong with being accurate. and at the same time it furthers the discussion, on this, a discussion board.

i like to think i offer more than nit-picking, but if that's all you see that is ok too. :)

ps the use of horripilate confuses me in this context.

i like to think i offer more than nit-picking, but if that's all you see that is ok too. :)

Yes, you also let us know which shows you won't be attending on a regular basis. ;)

But I agree, nothing at all wrong with being accurate.

Now just watch someone post George Carlin's "rules". ;)

Kills me what is acceptable here would not be in person.

Now answer honestly, if someone countered everything you say in person with such "accurate-ness" would you be annoyed?

Does every post on here need a disclaimer at the end saying that this is just for fun AD, please don't berate my post?

just a question.

Kills me what is acceptable here would not be in person.

Now answer honestly, if someone countered everything you say in person with such "accurate-ness" would you be annoyed?

Does every post on here need a disclaimer at the end saying that this is just for fun AD, please don't berate my post?

just a question.

To directly answer your question concerning AD and myself, I let AD correct me all the time. I find it to be annoying sometimes but only when I err too often. People like DaveO, AD and Booche keep us all honest and on our toes.

S

i find it odd that if someone posted an incorrect setlist or something equally inane, it would be corrected within minutes. people jump all over newspaper reviewers for spelling names wrong, for example. it happens here ALL THE TIME.

for the record i do correct people in person, tactfully. wouldn't you want to know if you were saying something that wasn't true? i expect others to correct me as well and am annoyed when they don't.

there is absolutely no downside to being correct or furthering knowledge and discussion about something. no disclaimers are needed.

Dictionary.com says:

horripilate

verb

1. have one's hair stand on end and get goosebumps; "I horripilate when I see violence on television"

2. cause (someone's) hair to stand on end and to have goosebumps; "Hitchcock movies horripilate me"

Who knew?

You know what horripilates me? the Doo doo, do do do dooooo opening notes to Down With Disease :)