Jambands.ca

You know what sucks?

bokonon

I went to the Mr. Something Something show on Saturday night at the Kent Street bar in Simcoe. I got there a little after eleven, paid my $17 cover and got to listen to less than an hour of music! Nowhere in the advertising was there any mention of an early finish and they still charged us full price. Also, the service at the bar sucked. They were ridiculously slow and kinda bitchy. There is no way in hell I'm going back to that venue.

But just to clarify, I want to mention that the band was fantastic and put on a great but short show. I love the music, can't stand the place. I feel ripped off.

That is very lame indeed and something they should be concerned about, imo. Greed is the name of the game in all aspects of the music biz these days and I think the only survivors will be those who go that extra mile to make sure you DON'T get ripped off. I like beer.

Do you think the band received all the profit from that? If so, wow!! And where do you come up with $17, weird.

They've been getting away with a $15 to $20 cover in Toronto for a while now, but they're definitely not catering to the thrifty hippies on here anymore when they play at places like La Luna which has notoriously high cover charges.

She wasn't topless but there was a girl dancing on stage. Some kind of modern dance

I think her name is Jennifer Dallas, and she's been on stage (doing what they call "interpretive dance") with them the last few times I've seen Mr.SS.

And as for cover charge, I think their Hallowe'en show (which is also a CD release party) is $10 in advance, $15 at the door, which seems entirely reasonable to me. (I think their show at The Silver Dollar in Toronto in August was $10 at the door.) Their upcoming show at The Black Sheep Inn in Wakefield, QC is $12 advance, $15 at the door, which, again, seems reasonable to me, but I'm a big fan of their music.

Aloha,

Brad