Jambands.ca

Legal info?

Gr8FuL

I was in a car accident last thursday where i was not at fault. was removed form the scene by ambulance n a stretcher where i spent 2 days in the hospital. it is now monday and the police still have not sent an accident report to the insurance company. when i calle dto inquire as to why they had no answer for me. Does anyone know if theres an ammount of time they have legaly to forward those reports off to insurance? i'm left without a vehicle unitl this happens and forced to miss work. any help woudl be appreciated.

cheers

I was only ever in one accident...and was not taken to hospital so this might be different. And it was years ago, so maybe I'm not remembering it right....but I think that I got a copy of the police report and called it into my insurance company myself.

That probably doesn't help.

Hope you're ok now...recovering well?

i havent been able to get a copy from the police they say they wioll take care of it? pfft

I'm recovering well thanks. I';m luckey to be alive another 3 inches back and the guy who hit me would have driven right through me. So i'm thankful to just be banged up, with a concussion because it ws a terrible crash.

Get well soon!

Try calling traffic services and ask for a police report number, they should be able to give that to you over the phone. You can forward that to the insurance company and maybe it will get you somewhere. Just keep pushing for what you want, otherwise you will probably be left by the wayside.

So i have finally heard back form insurance, and some random witness states I ran a red light. So i am at fault. This is not the case, as i slowed down approaching the red the light turned full green well before i was even close to entering the intersection and as i proceded through goping straight buddy hit me making a left turn. they say he was stopped at the light then a went through and he hit me as he started through, this mames no sense because he could not have hit me with the force he did from a stop in that short of a distance? where this witness is a "independant " witness they have to take his claim into acount? Anyone have any idea what i can do abotu this. I've never been more sure about naything in my life, i know i'm not at fault and the light was solid green. stonemountain? haha anyone?

I am sorry to hear that you are being dicked-around after what you have gone through.

Who is this "witness"? Betcha any money it the insurance company utilizing a technique that will avoid them having to deal with this accident.

What do the police have on the report? Did THEY talk to this witness? Or, was it just insurance? Don't TRUST insurance companies. They will do ANYTHING to get out of doing what they are there for.

Can you contact the other person's insurance company and determine if they have heard of this phantom witness??

The police have interviewed this "witness" he states he wa parked at the light going in the other direction, but that makes no sense if i ran a red then he woudl have been parked sitting at a green to have seen me? makes no sense i feel totally helpless they wont even give me buddies name who hit me for some reason. total Bullshit. I dont know how this random is a credible witness? its crazy that i could take fault for something know i am not at fault for at all.

theres a flashing green arrow for car coming from the direction the guy who hit my came from, then it goes solid green for ppl to go straight throgh the intersection and anyone turning to yeild and proceed. the light was solid grreen before i even got to the intersection buddy came through it trying to cut left and smoked me. the witness said the guy who hit me was stopped at the lights on his side then i came up and started through and the guy hit me, at the speed which buddy hit me its impossible he was at a stop he coudlnt never get the half ton truck up to 60kms within a 10-15ft area he had before he hit me

FACK i'm frustrated as hell with this the police havent done shit, talke to me for like 30 seconds while i was on the strecher, woudln't i have been charged if i went through a red causing an accident? wtf? sorry i'm just frustrated and have no idea what to do

Edited by Guest

I think that you are up against 2 probs here:

1. Some lazy-ass cops that didn't properly record the events that went down at your accident.

2. Insurance companies trying to brush it under the carpet as quickly and cheaply as possible.

I'd suggest contacting a supervisor at the police station and ask him/her what is going on. Keep some notes, names and badge numbers for your records. Don't let them think that you'll just fade away. They are there to "serve and protect" you!

As for the insurance companies ... don't trust anything thing they say. Total scammers, IMHO.