Jambands.ca

oink.cd busted

bouche

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.hungercity.org

I haven't downloaded a thing from Traders Den, Dime or Zomb in about a month, HC has kept me constantly busy... :thumbup:

Wow Thanks!

The first thing I found on there was:

DOC AND MERLE WATSON, BILL MONROE AND THE BLUEGRASS BOYS, THE WHITE HOUSE, WASHINGTON, DC, Aug 07, 1980 (with an intro by Jimmy Carter no less)

This makes my whole week!

Right on Carey,

Also note that any torrents with a gold coin next to them only count upload stats, always a good way to help boost the ratio.

Just curious here, but do they still credit you with 3GB upload stats when you join? They did when I joined so I keep telling people they do... 028ws9.gif

I always use dbpoweramp music converter to do that, dbpoweramp will convert pretty much any format to any other format in one step. (with the proper codecs installed).

Only downside is, dbpoweramp's mp3 license must be purchased after 30 days, I ended up finding a cracked version and just downloaded it.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Another way is:

FLAC: >> http://flac.sourceforge.net/

This will allow you to convert the FLAC files to WAV, then you just need to convert to the WAV files to MP3 using whatever program that converts to MP3 you have.

I had a perfect account with oink for nearly 3 years. Which is why I am so pink with sadness.

Honestly, that was just a joke. I recived three emails from people here asking for an invite right after the link was posted, so I decided to post the above comment for fun. I hadn't heard of the site until I got an email asking for an invite..

The best way to get an invite I'm told is by using waffles IRC channel, all you have to do is register your name with their nickserv. I don't use IRC so I can't confirm that.

Surprised no one is asking for what.cd invites...028ws9.gif

The best way to get an invite I'm told is by using waffles IRC channel, all you have to do is register your name with their nickserv. I don't use IRC so I can't confirm that.

That's precisely how I got on OInk. I had to answer some trivia on iRC. I haven't signed onto IRC in a few years. I wonder if I can still figure it out?

Rob I agree 100%. Its an awesome idea and feature. You can also gift all or some of those points to someone if you wish.

I've almost reached 850 KPs (20GB upload or custom title), I would have surpassed it awhile back but I gifted a few people with 5GB in exchange for some DVDs they couldn't seed on HC due to lack of lineage/source etc. This next batch of KPs is all mine though..

One reason I've been shying away from dime lately is they seem to be overly strict on content now-a-days, I mean, just because 30 seconds of a track was used in a film the entire track has to be removed from the show? (Hell, even Traders Den allow that shit and they are one of the more stricter sites IMHO) but my main reason is uploading on the dime tracker is a chore for me, I hardly ever hit over 10kBs up anymore. It never used to be like that for me, but over the last year I've seen my ratio go from 2.9 to .97 and I leave torrents open constantly, just seems hard to upload (much like Pink Roberts site) before people drop off and the torrent is only alive due to me still being on it..

What I love about hunger city is the karma bonus ... you get credit for keeping torrents available for upload, even if nobody is currently downloading from you, which can be used to boost your ration. Wish dime a dozen would do that.

leecherslair does the same thing. it's the same software from what i can tell. I wonder how much money the software guy gets from licensing to these sites?

I heard an unsubstaintiated rumour that you could get a waffles.fm invite by simply proving you had a oink.cd account. I've also heard that waffles have been unable to keep their site up because of the amount of traffic they are receiving.

another reason why i'd be leary of waffles.fm

Didn't you guys read about how the investigators were asking the oink guy how to setup a site like that?

maybe he showed them to get out of shit and they are loading up on members from oink to take them down. actively proving that you had an oink account sounds pretty risky to me.