Jambands.ca

Peter Elkas with Bullmoose@ Mavericks November 3rd

Mavericks

Dude, they kick it as far as I am concerned. Hardass rock'n'roll. 3 piece drums-guitar-bass. I am blindly assuming you will totally dig them. Truth be told I have been dying to see Bullmoose again for a while and their addition makes me salivate. I'm sure I will be at this gig.

You boys should 'Fuse' some shit together. 'ersh this is a band you would LOVE to throw some heavy keys at.

Bullmoose are buddies of mine. Bassist and drummer are twin brothers. Heavy hitting trio, big riffs, with much homage to Zep, Sabbath, Big Sugar, C'mon, etc. For some reason their new record makes me think of Humble Pie - in any event it shows remarkable artistic growth since their last one, and that's always impressive. It was produced by Jonathan Cummins (Doughboys/Bionic). Great dudes too.

http://www.myspace.com/bullmooseband

ok. i was already excited, but adding the Moose to this is just insane! What a wicked pairing of music!

Bullmoose is (are?) INCREDible.! Hoping for a power collaboration/jam in there somewhere. Imagine jeff sitting in with Moose or Eric in with the Elkas band. WOW!

I saw Bullmoose once I think (Ollie, correct me if I saw them more than once or if I never saw them at all!). I liked them.

I'm thinking we never saw them as we always left the Canada Day parties before they went on but it's possible we might have seen them at Mavericks one time.

Either way, killer double bill as we were in for Elkas anyway. I can't wait, feels like I haven't been to Mavericks in forever.

The greatest band that ever graced an Ottawa stage, "The Skanks", opened for them at Irene's. Bullmoose rocked the place up even after The Skanks made everyone wet. Well, The Skanks had to tone it down so Bullmoose could come out on top ;) not to mention couple of Canada day party's along with Cafe Dekcuf. They've been to town a couple of times recently, and I haven't been able to catch them.