Jambands.ca

Raptors 2007/08 - Fan Forum

Basher

Tip-off is about 57 hours away, and I can't wait to head to the ACC on Wednesday night to catch the first Raps game of the season.

The Vegas freaks have the over/under on total wins for the Raptors at 42.5. I know that the East got a bit stronger this year, and certainly the Atlantic is stronger, but I don't see the Raps droppong off from last year.

I will go on record as predicting a Raps record of 49-33.

Anyone else want to go on record before the season stars?

I am also going to the game on Sunday versus the Celtics, who the media have already crowned Eastern Conference Champions. The only problem with that is that after the big three, the Celts have a CBA team. I see them finishing with 47 wins, second in the Atlantic behind the Raps.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Jaimoe, the Atlantic is tougher, but last year it went like this:

Versus New Jersey - 2 wins, 2 losses

Versus New York - 3 wins, 1 loss

Versus Boston - 3 wins, 1 loss

Versus Philadelphia - 3 wins, 1 loss

Comes out to 11-5.

Philly didn't get any better and that loss came in a throwaway, last game of the season, but I can see the Raps easily going 3-1 against Philly, maybe 4-0 this year.

New Jersey has Kristic back, but I am expecting another split with them this year.

New York? Some experts have them in the playoffs - I think they are still a highly disfunctional team, which will continue to disappoint. I say we go 3-1 again this year.

Boston is stronger, but their big 3 need to play 38 minutes each, 82 games, to make up for the rags on the rest of that roster. Don't think the Raps will go 3-1 again, but a split is entirely conceivable.

All that being said, this "far stronger" Atlantic division could and should still net us a minimum 10-6 record.

For all you HD subscribers, tonight's season opener is on The Score. I hope they shell out some dough for a real HD feed instead of the fake one they normally use. Fuck The Score.

There should be something in the license agreement which forces HD channels to actually show HD content. The two Omni channels really piss me off.

For all you HD subscribers' date=' tonight's season opener is on The Score. I hope they shell out some dough for a real HD feed instead of the fake one they normally use. Fuck The Score. [/quote']

There should be something in the license agreement which forces HD channels to actually show HD content. The two Omni channels really piss me off.

Why Ollie? They are low budget Rogers channels that no one watches other than during an NFL simulcast, that is always in HD. Who watches Letterman on Omni?

Which isnt entirely fair. I do enjoy listening to Swirsk, but mostly cuz hes such a doofus. Hes a lovable doofus.

Which isnt to say Rome isnt without his faults. This is the end of every interview:

Rome: Wow, what a great interview. What a fantastik interview. Man. What a guy. Theres no one in the league who gives an interview like Fred Jones. Holy cow. Can we hear that again? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a class act. What a great interview.

And so on.

FYI - EVERY SINGLE Raptors game is being broadcast in HDTV this year. This would be great news if, in fact, I had an HDTV.

I'm skeptical as hell on this one. The Score doesn't have a track record of distinguising between their fake HD and their real HD. I've also seen a couple of Score Raptors home games last year that were clearly in HD and were clearly poorly converted. What an ass channel. At least The Score should have Jack Armstrong doing the colour. He's the best colour guy in Canada along with Craig Forrest.

Jack is only doing colour on Sportesnet and Raptors TV broadcasts, at least as far as I have heard.

Towards the end of the season last year The Score was broadcasting in true HD, and that is continuing. All CBC, TSN, Sportsnet and Raptors TV broadcasts will be in HD on the HD version of that channel.

It's disturbing that the TSN and CBC brass like Leo more than Jack. I think it has everything to do with Leo's Canuck/NBA roots and his Team Canada affiliation than it is with his overall analysis of the game. Leo's a blabbermouth while Jack takes his job and what he says very seriously. BTW, Leo is my all-time favourite college basketball player, but he is only average as a colour man.

Well, the Raptors dominated for most of the game, but Philly had a good run to keep it close.

Fun time tonight from our front row courtside seats - we'll be in those on Sunday against Boston too!

:)

FYI, Raptors played ALL 12 players on the active roster tonight - something many teams can only afford to do when there are large chunks of garbage time. Not this team.