Jambands.ca

Raptors 2007/08 - Fan Forum

Basher

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a season ticket holder with a personal seat license

Now THAT line is probably the most enjoyment I am going to get out of the Raptors for the rest of the season. Heck, maybe the rest of my life.

Personal seat license? Sounds kinda geigh.

This entry from Michael Grange's fantastic blog made me giggle:

Ankle sprains are come in three grades (you have to trust me on this; I just know).

A third degree sprain is a huge trauma, usually requiring a fully grown person coming down on an uneven surface (like another player’s foot) after jumping and landing off-balance on one leg. It’s the Theisman of ankle injuries, takes months and months to recover from and kind of makes you cover your eyes when you see the replay. You’ve torn all three of the major ligaments in your joint. The bruising runs up to your knee, usually, surgery is an option. Not fun.

Second degree sprains are when your ankle swells pretty nicely and turns all kind of colours. You have partially torn a ligament or two and chances are you’re going to be out six weeks or so. You can do this stopping suddenly or stepping on a root while jogging or something.

A first degree sprain? While obviously there’s a range, but this is the kind of ankle sprain most people get stepping off a curb or something like that. It hurts and it swells, but you can limp on it in a day or two. Jose Calderon probably had a bad first degree sprain in Game Five against the Nets in the playoffs, but it didn’t stop him from playing pretty well in Game Six. Vince Carter sprained his ankle the other night. He left the game. He had an MRI. He’s been diagnosed with a first degree sprain. He’s out indefinitely.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, in the pregame warmup I fed three straight passes to Nash, who was shooting three's RIGHT in front of me.

Those tickets have a face value of $1,020 EACH, so no, they ain't my season tickets!

My season seats are in section 321, row 3, which is dead centre in the upper bowl.