Jambands.ca

Random Hockey Pic/Vid

Kanada Kev

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's called the Red Bull Crashed Ice. It's mayhem and completely awesome. I almost went this year but then two things came up that ruled it out.

Lots of vids on youtube.

Crashed Ice is a winter extreme sporting event, featuring head-to-head, urban, downhill speed ice hockey skating. Crashed Ice was created and is produced by Red Bull® Energy Drink.

Competitors, having advanced from one of the tryouts in the prior months, race in heats of four skaters, with the top two advancing from each heat. Racers, typically hockey players, outfitted as such, speed down the course’s turns, berms, and jumps in a sport that fans describe as a mix among hockey, downhill skating and boardercross.

Prize money is split among the top four finishers (the last heat), with Québec 2007’s total purse being $10,000, and the winner taking home $5,000.

Kevin Olson of Lethbridge, Alberta won both of the 2007 events, reaching a top speed of 60 km/h in Quebec and 70 km/h in Helsinki. The crowd estimate for the Quebec race was upwards of 75,000 people, and 10,000 in Helsinki.

Arttu Pihlainen won the January, 2008 event in Quebec City. In March of 2008 the race will return to Helsinki, Finland.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Kev, dont you remember Selanne's 50th goal celbration? He threw his gloves up in the air and used his stick as a rifle to shoot them down.

Personally, Ovechkin does wayyyy, and I mean wayyyy too much for the game of hockey to start picking apart his celebrations. The last thing I'd want to see is a huge backlash against him for this stuff. Even more, I'd hate to see his demeaner eventually effected by it in any type of negative way. Just sayin. Let the man play and be happy - he's the best thing to happen to hockey in years.

Edited by Guest