Jambands.ca

$1 Canadian = $1.07 US

Basher

my neighbour just came back from Ohio a few days ago and was saying that a few stores he went to were they only giving 70-75 cents on the dollar

That's outrageous. What is this, 2003? I wonder if any suckers actually take them up on that!

Sheesh .. I now officially make 20% less for every dollar I earn than I did at this time last year. Get your act together, yanks.

You're right, it is way cheaper to travel in America now. And our economies are very close-knit. I just wanted to use the word "hoopla" in a post.

Good point about the "inferiority complex", which I think is uniquely Canadian. What's the yen worth, less than a cent? I don't think the Japanese have an inferiority complex.

Edited by Guest

That's what I'm doing too. Keep it in USD accounts until this blows over, or invest it in international markets that are currently on sale. Otherwise it is just fucking depressing.

[edit:] ack, that doesn't make much sense to read back .. I used 'it' there twice in the same sentence to refer to two different things. What I was referring to was investing available CAD in foreign markets to offset the decline in USD. Must be Friday or something.

Edited by Guest
i write bad

That's what I'm doing too. Keep it in USD accounts until this blows over, or invest it in international markets that are currently on sale. Otherwise it is just fucking depressing.

[edit:] ack, that doesn't make much sense to read back .. I used 'it' there twice in the same sentence to refer to two different things. What I was referring to was investing available CAD in foreign markets to offset the decline in USD. Must be Friday or something.

Replace USD with LSD and read this again. :wink:

Early into King George the Second's Presidency; Saddam switched the trading currency of oil from the US Dollar to the EURO

A war war here and a war war there and by the time the money runs out; everybody is wondering who to blame?

Just in time for a Democrat President to step into office in 2008 with a treasury in shambles. Should be a cinch for Republicans to be back in control by 2012.