Jambands.ca

This just doesn't seem right......

Dr. J

Fines for traffic violations are significantly higher in la belle province. But' date=' smokes and beer are cheaper. So it all balances out![/quote']

Also, drivers are significantly worse in la belle province. =)

Driving in Montreal should be an event on Fear Factor!

If you ever are stuck in that situation of driving in Montreal, don't signal, signalling is for suckers there! When people see you want to change lanes they hurry up to block you in!

I don't understand where this "end of the month quota" is coming from. I mean like do you know that without a doubt there is such a system? I'm of the belief that it is just a myth.

There isn't anything official from my understanding, each city/station has its own version of it, but it does (or has) happened.

Just last year there was an investigation into a Toronto Police division over the so called "quota" system - if I remember correctly, if an officer wrote 25 yellow tickets within a day he was able to go home early.

I probably shouldn't mention here that CJ and I were once pulled over in Perth for an expired sticker, but then let off... (must have been the baby in the back seat).

Maybe a special "please throw a loonie in the hat" moment at a Spades gig would help this out a bit, because truth be told, I think the energy those guys share with the world needs special repayment.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced that driving with an expired licence sticker automatically renders one's insurance null and void. If it did, I could never see a cop allowing a vehicle to proceed with a warning....ever.

i coulda sworn secondtube posted about this very thought... what happened to that post??