Jambands.ca

Guitar Prices Lowered....slightly

SolarGarlic

Just a cool thing I noticed while in Long and McQuade the other day...They are lowering prices on all American guitar companies due to the strength of the dollar. Basically, on a thousand dollar guitar the price is reduced by $150.

I would assume this will be reflected in other products as well....

Not yer mom and pop or local shop but if you're looking to pinch some pennies...

I work at L&M in Burlington. It's true, prices of a lot of products are going down; in some cases faster than we can sticker them. Almost every day I ring something in that rings in lower than the sticker price. Sennheiser Freeport handheld wireless mics, for example, dropped $100 last week from $259 to $159...that's a huge savings. I know I looked up a Fender Blues Jr. amp for somebody and couldn't believe when the computer told me it was $469...that's the first time that amp has been under $500 probably since they started to make it.

It's true we're not a mom & pop but the chain is still entirely owned by the Long family, and Jack Long heads into work every day at the Pickering office at 82. It's a really close-knit kind of company and I find they're really good to their staff. Sure it has its drawbacks like anything of its size...but I was a big fan as a customer, and I'm an even bigger fan as an employee.

I work at a so called "mom & pop" indie music store here in Ottawa (Lauzon Music), and we are constantly adjusting our prices to reflect the dollar. Not just recently with it's surge, but regularly over the past couple of years. Many items have come down a substantial amount recently.

I find it amusing that we've been lowering our prices all along, and people are just now beginning to ask about the dollars effect on them.

Cool stuff! Rev, no slight towards L&M. The store here in North Van has been nothing but helpful. The staff are AWESOME and they seem to be fair. More just trying to be PC with it all and Lauzon's was what came to mind knowing all the great folks that are on the board supporting places like this. Rock on!

How much for a Martin D16 at your L&M Rev?

I'll have to look it up for ya next time I'm there Schwampy. The prices are chain-wide though so if you've already been quoted, that's what it is, unless we have a used one...which I don't think we do at the moment. We had a used HD-35 a while ago for $2000...it was an incredible guitar.