Jambands.ca

What did You Do For Remembrence DAy?

headymamamyrna

So I watched the celebraton on Tv in Ottawa.i would have loved to be there as it was so wonderful!

I then decided to go to church to pray for everyone who is sick or having a hard time.

The place was packed.i didn't know it was a confirmation celebraton with the Bishop and all.it was wonderful!!

I then went Christmas shopping and bought myself a purse.

Came home had a couple of drinks and made a nice supper of roast beef and all the trimmings.

I have not forgotten the men who died for our freedom today.

I also phoned my 93 year old Aunt who is now in a nursing home.She lost her husnband in the war!

So that was my good deed for this Remembrance DAy!

Lets hear about yours!

I woke up with a wino headache and a serious hangover, hung out for a little bit and ventured off to breakfast with some friends. We pulled in the parking lot at 11.10 am and sat still till the clock hit 11.11. Then we had a moment of silence. We went in and I ordered two scrambled eggs/bacon/brown toast, one cup of coffee which turned out to be shitty and a big glass of orange juice. We talked about our grandparents and war. Chris’ grandpa freed his grandma from a German concentration camp by bribing a nazi with a carton of American cigarettes. My great uncle was honourably discharged for a shrapnel’ed leg and came home to live with my grandma. He had been living with them for 6 years before my dad was born and continued to live there for another ten before he died. My dad says he can remember waking up at night to my uncle screaming and hiding in the closet.

After breakfast we ventured home. I read my book and did a crossword puzzle before falling asleep. Three hours later my mom called, asking me to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner on my way over. I arrived to find my baby niece standing on the floor arranging alphabet magnets on the fridge. She turned and smiled and pointed as I walked in. We had a tomato casserole for dinner, my great grandmother’s recipe, it was delicious. I said our family grace and told everyone I was thankful there were people out there who had the courage to sacrifice their lives and families and freedoms to allow us to sit here today. Dinner was good and my niece said my name for her first time.

Now I’m here, drinking a cup of tea, surfing the internet and considering going to bed. I so don’t want to go to work tomorrow!

I woke up with a wino headache and a serious hangover, hung out for a little bit and ventured off to breakfast with some friends. We pulled in the parking lot at 11.10 am and sat still till the clock hit 11.11.

Not trying to be an ass, because everyone does things differently and i don't know you, not to mention the noblest of intentions, but the traditional moment of silence is at 11:00. Perhaps you are starting a new tradition though, so to each their own.

That tomato casserole sounds pretty good. There's a tradition waiting to be made there.

I spent the day working. And it really sucked. First year in 7 that I've not made it to the Ottawa ceremonies.

went to the legiom got pissed, sang with the banf but dont know what i sang danced on stage, had a facken ball

lots of food a few ass holes around same ole same ole, but i enjoyed myself, rememberance day we should not be allowed to drink ha ha really out of respect

ah bull back to beddy bye

did aunt clara know the war is over ?

god bless her fuck bad when u live a good life then loose the mind , oh well still have half a one

I woke up with a wino headache and a serious hangover' date=' hung out for a little bit and ventured off to breakfast with some friends. We pulled in the parking lot at 11.10 am and sat still till the clock hit 11.11. [/quote']

Not trying to be an ass, because everyone does things differently and i don't know you, not to mention the noblest of intentions, but the traditional moment of silence is at 11:00. Perhaps you are starting a new tradition though, so to each their own.

No, not starting a new tradition, truth be told we got in the car just after eleven, not really realizing the time.

I woke up with a wino headache and a serious hangover, hung out for a little bit and ventured off to breakfast with some friends. We pulled in the parking lot at 11.10 am and sat still till the clock hit 11.11. Then we had a moment of silence. We went in and I ordered two scrambled eggs/bacon/brown toast, one cup of coffee which turned out to be shitty and a big glass of orange juice. We talked about our grandparents and war. Chris’ grandpa freed his grandma from a German concentration camp by bribing a nazi with a carton of American cigarettes. My great uncle was honourably discharged for a shrapnel’ed leg and came home to live with my grandma. He had been living with them for 6 years before my dad was born and continued to live there for another ten before he died. My dad says he can remember waking up at night to my uncle screaming and hiding in the closet.

After breakfast we ventured home. I read my book and did a crossword puzzle before falling asleep. Three hours later my mom called, asking me to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner on my way over. I arrived to find my baby niece standing on the floor arranging alphabet magnets on the fridge. She turned and smiled and pointed as I walked in. We had a tomato casserole for dinner, my great grandmother’s recipe, it was delicious. I said our family grace and told everyone I was thankful there were people out there who had the courage to sacrifice their lives and families and freedoms to allow us to sit here today. Dinner was good and my niece said my name for her first time.

Now I’m here, drinking a cup of tea, surfing the internet and considering going to bed. I so don’t want to go to work tomorrow!

nice read, Birdy. thanks. i have a feeling that this is what it's all about. its nice to just say thanks for the peaceful lives we have here. :)