Jambands.ca

10 yr old golden retriever needs home - ottawa

meggo

i hope that subject title isn't too long...

anyway a girl that i work with has been foster-parenting a very nice 10 year old golden retriever but she's having a baby soon and can't keep the dog much longer.

the owners of the dog are/were moving away and couldn't bring the dog with them. she is energetic and in good health.

if anyone is interested please let me know! i wish i could take it but i think apartments and big doggies don't really mix.

i agree, i have no idea how you could part with your doggie after 10 years.

but, i was just talking to the foster mum and it sounds like there are some promising possibilities among some of the other teachers here. and i really don't think that they're going to get rid of the dog til they find her a home.

:)

Meggo, do you think it would be able to sleep in the fort under my dining room table? :D

hahahah... i'm sure this doggie would LOVE the table fort!

and phishtaper, hopefully you are right. but they were going to put their dog to sleep just b/c they were moving... kinda lame-o. apparently the veterinarian convinced them to give it to this golden retriever rescue group.

anyway - seems like a new good home is on the horizon. :)

people do this lots. I adopted a 12 year old cat whose owner were going to euthanize him because they bought a puppy and the puppy didn't like the cat. It's insane, the 12 year old family cat!! He was so great, long hair, Orange, 6 toes on each food, and he was almost 40 pds. I loved him.

I've known a vet who would receive perfectly healthy animals to be euthanized. Legally, she was obligated to accept the money and do it. In actual fact, she would accept the money, tell the "customer" that the animal had been put down, and would keep the animal until she could find him/her a new home.

Technically, that is actually against any tenets followed by veterinarians, as well as a breach of contract, but I think it's great.

He was so great, long hair, Orange, 6 toes on each food, and he was almost 40 pds. I loved him.

is that even possible? my god. did you take out a second mortgage to feed him?! ;)

Legally, she was obligated to accept the money and do it.

are you sure about this? ive worked with vets and this is not my understanding at all. they can refuse any 'treatment'.

He was SO big and his long fur made him look even bigger.

This was when I worked at an animal hospital and all the vet techs and receptionists and vets would bring home the animals that came in after being hit by a car or whatnot and the owners couldn't afford to fix them (we got free care) and we all had 3 legged dogs, blind or deaf, I have a one eyed cat. We would have family days and all our animals were disabled in some way, funny bunch. I saw some crazy stuff there...no one ever wanted to hear about my work stories.

all our animals were disabled in some way, funny bunch

My friend just adopted a dog that some very wealthy woman rescued from (I think Greece)where they were culling the stray dogs from the streets as an urban beautification measure...the dog has a neurological problem.It manifests as sudden jumping seizures,not being able to use its tongue properly and walking into things..and it's THE BEST DOG EVER (except for my dog).

It's like a dog,your favorite happy drunk and a heartwarming tv movie all in one.

I'm trying to find someone to make him a shortbus dog bed for Christmas.

Best wishes to the doggie..my house is full to the brim with strays as it is or I would love to.