Anyone who uses Irregardless is a dick

bouche

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or the current wave of "literally"

oh man this is a bad one.

I, like, literally could of eaten a whole cow.

People use the word literally when they should use the word figuratively, and the words mean opposite things. That one bugs me. I mean, c'mon, literally means, "I know this sounds like it didn't really happen but it did, so I will preceed the tale with a word that indicates the statement is accurate and true," doesn't it?

Ha! I just thought of another really annoying thing people do. Heres an example:

Me: Hey, how's it going?

You: Oh, not much.

or....

Me: Hey, whats up?

You: Not bad.

Happens all the time. People are just in cruise control, I guess. Ah well, whatchagonnado?

So, y'know its okay to say "I'M GOOD" when someone asks "How are you?" Its also quite right to say "I'M DOING WELL" when asked "How are you doing?" Verbage, man. Verbage is where its at.

hehehe I've had the "ir" regardless conversation one of my favourite memories of Ottawa might I add in any case after some investigation several of us found it is not standard english but is accepted or something like that anyway point....this is what the final statement of this site we found:

"Irregardless - non standard - regardless"

as you can see below I find it rather funny that conversation ended up with finding this particular statement.

(I believe the whole thing was prompted by me being a "dick" as you might say by saying irregardless in a sentence)

Ha! I just thought of another really annoying thing people do. Heres an example:

Me: Hey' date=' how's it going?

You: Oh, not much.

or....

Me: Hey, whats up?

You: Not bad.

Happens all the time. People are just in cruise control, I guess. Ah well, whatchagonnado?[/quote']

So, y'know its okay to say "I'M GOOD" when someone asks "How are you?" Its also quite right to say "I'M DOING WELL" when asked "How are you doing?" Verbage, man. Verbage is where its at.

But how are you George? Not much?