Jambands.ca

MEATLOAF!

MarcO

It is soon coming up to that happy time of year where I will horrify my vegetarian girlfriend with the scents and smells of a baking loaf pan of ground meats. I freeze it in portions for lunches, just take it to work, nuke it and slap it on some bread and there ya go.

Meatloaf, friends, meatloaf: discuss. Share your inspirations, tips.

I freeze it in portions for lunches

Ooooh...the cold meat loaf sandwich (almost as good as the cold sausage sandwich).

My Mom's trick with meat loaf was to make a glaze out of (IIRC) just ketchup and dry mustard; it gave it a kind of sweet/hot feel to it. (I can't remember if the glaze was on during the whole baking cycle, though.)

Aloha,

Brad

It is soon coming up to that happy time of year where I will horrify my vegetarian girlfriend with the scents and smells of a baking loaf pan of ground meats. I freeze it in portions for lunches, just take it to work, nuke it and slap it on some bread and there ya go.

I don't understand. Why is it "that happy time of year" ? Is there some kind of meatloaf season? (I'm not talking about salt and pepper here)

I freeze it in portions for lunches

Ooooh...the cold meat loaf sandwich (almost as good as the cold sausage sandwich).

My Mom's trick with meat loaf was to make a glaze out of (IIRC) just ketchup and dry mustard; it gave it a kind of sweet/hot feel to it. (I can't remember if the glaze was on during the whole baking cycle' date=' though.)

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

That's my fave part...My mom used to bake it like that the entire time.

It is soon coming up to that happy time of year where I will horrify my vegetarian girlfriend with the scents and smells of a baking loaf pan of ground meats. I freeze it in portions for lunches' date=' just take it to work, nuke it and slap it on some bread and there ya go.

[/quote']

I don't understand. Why is it "that happy time of year" ? Is there some kind of meatloaf season? (I'm not talking about salt and pepper here)

the time of the year when we start using the oven regularly again. We don't have central air so for the most part the oven stays off all Summer.

the time of the year when we start using the oven regularly again. We don't have central air so for the most part the oven stays off all Summer.

Dude, you can totally make meatloaf in your BBQ with a rotisserie. I saw Alton Brown do it to create homemade Gyros!

Alton's Traditional Meatloaf

Alton's Gyro Meat which can easily become a meatloaf.