Jambands.ca

Trivial legal question

Velvet

Hypothetically, let's say a Jehovah's Witness or some other religion promoter arrived on your porch with their eight year-old child and rang the doorbell. Let's say you answer the door and say in a calm tone, "Get the fuck off my gawd-damned porch right fucking now and don't come back, you assholes."*

Have you broken any laws?

*No, I have not done this.

My mother has used profanities in a calm manner with Jehova's Witness in the past. Never has she had any trouble legally however, it still doesn't seem to deter them from ringing the door bell. She's a little pistol too. If it were me I'd definetely bypass this 5'0 100lbs womans' house.

You have every reason to believe that others can see you, so you're exposing yourself in public. If there happens to be a child there, you are probably also committing a sex-crime, by some description.

There was once even a case in which a guy was seen masturbating in his own living room through his window, and he was charged criminally. I believe he was eventually acquitted, but he was still dragged through the system. (He may even have been convicted, actually.)

StoneMtn said:

There was once even a case in which a guy was seen masturbating in his own living room through his window, and he was charged cSriminally. I believe he was eventually acquitted, but he was still dragged through the system. (He may even have been convicted, actually.)

No, he got off.

Edited by Guest

My dad used to just answer the door in a towel and drop the towel when he opened the door..that seemed to work..

It would have been better if he had answered the door not so much wearing the towel but having it dangling precariously from his near his waist...that might require some preparation, though...

Aloha,

Brad

My dad used to just answer the door in a towel and drop the towel when he opened the door..that seemed to work..

It would have been better if he had answered the door not so much wearing the towel but having it dangling precariously from his near his waist...that might require some preparation' date=' though...

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

That is, in fact, what he would do...he had to run and get ready whenever he saw the Jehovah's Witnesses pull into the driveway (which, as you can imagine, didn't happen too often), but he figured it was worth it.

StoneMtn said:

There was once even a case in which a guy was seen masturbating in his own living room through his window, and he was charged cSriminally. I believe he was eventually acquitted, but he was still dragged through the system. (He may even have been convicted, actually.)

No, he got off.

This is what happens when the writers go on strike ....