Jambands.ca

George Clinton and Parliment!!!

Ol'Hickster

It wasn't the sound that was a fiasco in Vancouver about 6 years ago. It was when the "artist" refused to come onstage for hours, and then only "performed" by stumbling around for fifteen minutes. The rest was his band.

There's a lot more to it, but I know the rest from information that I can't share, but I can say that I will never see that man play ever again.

I saw them in Copenhagen this past summer, and thought that it was a great show. George came on after the first song, which was I think Cosmic Slop. It’s definitely not a “George Clinton show.†It’s more about the band. I think there were like 15-20 people on stage at times. And some real good singers as mentioned. George seemed in fine form. His grand-daughter came out to sing a song. All in all, it was lots of fun. They came out on time (just after 10PM) and everyone seemed to have a good time.

(The show was part of the Copenhagen Jazz Fest, and was performed outdoors at Tivoli Park. It was technically free, but you have to pay to get into the park.)

I enjoyed them when I saw them with Fat Cats (and some other bands I forget) at Dunnville airport (Bob's bash 2000 or 2001) - although Clinton wasn't with them if I remember correctly.

You remember correctly.

I had a blast that night as well. The weather was crazy!! The festival goers that weekend were troopers to say the least! The music was great, but i haven't had a chance to see them since.

It wasn't the sound that was a fiasco in Vancouver about 6 years ago. It was when the "artist" refused to come onstage for hours, and then only "performed" by stumbling around for fifteen minutes. The rest was his band.

There's a lot more to it, but I know the rest from information that I can't share, but I can say that I will never see that man play ever again.

Was he having sex with a 15 year old in the catering tent?

Clearly' date=' you've never seen them live; seriously.[/quote']

In their defense I have seen about 10 parliament shows ranging from weak to insanely tight and good. For the 10 I have seen I've seen maybe 2 weak shows.

I'll see them anytime, 'cause when they are on it's crazy good.

You must of caught them on a bad night Stoney Mountain.

ditto

one bad show doesn't mean too much. the first ween show i saw was weak and disappointing, so does that mean ween sucks live and i should never see them again? i'd probably be missing out if i did that.

Edited by Guest

was it a private show? i'm confused how it could be a secret if lots of people saw it. anyway...

if you have a personal problem with mr. clinton, then that's different. if you don't like him because of something, that's a reason not to see him for sure. but i don't think saying "clearly you've never seen them live" when someone says they like them is called for, if your problem is to do with the man personally. they DO put on great shows.

In fairness, the show sucked and it was for reasons I can't explain.

I have personal problems with him for the reason it sucked, and the only people who know why are privy to information I won't share.

This is all I'm saying about this.

I will take your word for it that they DO put on great shows.

I accidently saw him and his huge band at the Santa Fe Muzik Festival this summer. I was there to catch Dark Star Orchestra. His band is huge! BWM is right... There was at least 15 people on stage. They were about an hour late starting which cut into the DSO set. But they had great energy and it was lots of fun. But the stage seemed to sag a bit with ego and attitude. Not sure about the bare-chested guy in the pink feather suit and matching pimp hat jumping and slithering around the stage. His grand-daughter did a song...something about 'spreadin' her cheeks' and 'wackin'your shaft' or something like that. Not really hot for the lyrics, but man can she sing! Coulda done fine without seeing the guy in the diaper.

I saw them in Copenhagen this past summer, and thought that it was a great show. George came on after the first song, which was I think Cosmic Slop. It’s definitely not a “George Clinton show.†It’s more about the band. I think there were like 15-20 people on stage at times. And some real good singers as mentioned. George seemed in fine form. His grand-daughter came out to sing a song. All in all, it was lots of fun. They came out on time (just after 10PM) and everyone seemed to have a good time.

(The show was part of the Copenhagen Jazz Fest, and was performed outdoors at Tivoli Park. It was technically free, but you have to pay to get into the park.)

That's the thing ... since when has Clinton ever been the most interesting thing about a P-Funk show? It's like going to the circus and complaining you don't see enough of the ringmaster :)

As I said, when I saw them it was hella fun, although granted other shows I've seen on DVD or heard have been more packed with musical highlights.