Jambands.ca

The Ohio State Buckeyes

Whitey

Uh Oh Whitey:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Five Ohio State football players, including quarterback Terrell Pryor, must sit out the first five games of the 2011 season for selling awards, gifts and university apparel, plus receiving improper benefits in 2009, according to the NCAA.

The five will all be eligible for the Jan. 4 Sugar Bowl, however.

In addition to missing five games next season, Pryor, Mike Adams, Daniel Herron, Devier Posey and Solomon Thomas must repay money and benefits ranging in value from $1,000 to $2,500. The repayments must be made to a charity.

Adams must repay $1,000 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring and Herron must repay $1,150 for selling his football jersey, pants and shoes for $1,000 and receiving discounted services worth $150. Posey must repay $1,250 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring for $1,200 and receiving discounted services worth $50, while Pryor must repay $2,500 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring, a 2009 Fiesta Bowl sportsmanship award and his 2008 Gold Pants, a gift from the university. Solomon must repay $1,505 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring for $1,000, his 2008 Gold Pants for $350 and receiving discounted services worth $155. "These are significant penalties based on findings and information provided by the university," Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president of academic and membership affairs, said in a statement released by the NCAA.

The players are eligibile for the bowl game because the NCAA determined they did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, has the BigTen ever been exposed as the middle to low level conference that it actually is.

How you feeling about Nebraska joining the BigTen now PoG? Seeing as you just lost to Washington, the third place PAC10 team, I'm guessing pretty good because your team may actually be more overrated than OSU and will be needing all the bullshit hype it can get. Which division will they be joining, "Leaders" or "Legends"? More like "Place" and "Show".

If OSU doesn't roll into the SuperDome, a place they've had nothing but trouble, and crush Arkansas this year will have been a complete disaster for the BigTen.

Jim Delaney should step down but he won't because he's a classless fuck. Lock TCU out of bowl games because they critcized the BCSs validity? Yeah, how do those words taste now? Actually Gordon Gee should resign as well. They're both an embarrassment.

I may just start following Iowa just to be a prick, well, a bigger prick.

I'm a little disappointed SC lost to Florida State but at least it wasnt Bobby Bowdens team.

Holy Shit Sloth did my Huskers shit the bed the last 4 games of the season. I am completely stoked for a fresh start and to see what happens in huskerland over the offseason. Im expecting big changes in the coaching staff starting with a new offensive coordinator. With my in laws living just outside of Lincoln im hearing that the entire city wants that too.

Secondly i would have no problem if Martinez ends up at UCLA like rumoured as well. That kid has too much of an ego to be heading into his sophmore year.

I am looking forward to seeing how we match up in the Big 10. Looking forward to an IOWA/ Nebraska matchup too.

In regards to that OSU game, gotta say im putting my money on the Razorbacks. Should be a great game though and could go either way.

Agreed, the Big Ten has been crushed this year. But, look at the Michigan game. Michigan couldn't beat the inferior teams in the Big Ten. They were just put in that bowl because they could sell tickets. They were shit all year.

As for Michigan State, they were nothing special this year.

The Horned Frogs, I was happy to see them win. I always love the underdogs, but I was also disappointed to see them win because I knew I would hear all the Big Ten bullshit. But a closer look at that game and it was a tight affair right down until the end.

As for the Bucks, they were supposed to get destroyed last year by Oregon(2nd in the nation this year) and well that sure did not happen.

Maybe the 5 guys who got suspended for the first 5 games of the season next year will come out strong. I sure hope so.

The bowls that are left are sure going to be exciting, though. I can't wait for the National Championship.

I absolutely agree with on you the TCU game (and the whole Michigan being crap/bowls are about money thing), and really the higher ranked team should win so you can't blame the Badgers buuuuuut...

The Horned Frogs, I was happy to see them win. I always love the underdogs, but I was also disappointed to see them win because I knew I would hear all the Big Ten bullshit.

..... you've got to admit the BigTen and OSU painted the targets on their own backs with all the crap that's flowed out of their respective mouth pieces. Jim Delaney and The BigTen deserve it for being so easy to hate. "Legends" and "Leaders"? Jesus christ.

The bowls that are left are sure going to be exciting, though. I can't wait for the National Championship.

Damn straight, most the bowls left are quality bowls and the National Championship is a good matchup.

O-H-I-O ... OHIO!

Fuck, what a game! Game of the Year?! What a finish, I thought the Bucks were done for sure. The Razorbacks were as dominate in the 2nd half as the Bucks were in the 1st.

I agree with you Ollie, fuck Petrino, what a weasel!.

As for Mallet, he was awesome! I have never watched anything but the highlights, but that dude can make all the throws.

And how about the Razorbacks punter, shit, he just about won the game for them. Good on him.

Exciting game, so glad the Bucks won, fuck the SEC, they meet their match. ;)

Go Bucks!

That was a hell of a game.

Arkansas' special teams were great. When they blocked that punt I was feeling it but aaaaaah well.

You've got say the better team won, too many big drops for Arkansas where as the OSU receivers made the catches they had to.

Buckeyes saved their conferences diginity but it was fun kicking the BigTen while it was down.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now it's a pile on.

Unsurprisingly, now that their flagship team has shown itself to be nothing more than a cheat(not that I care, I assumed Auburn cheated and I cheered for them last year), and well on their way to vacating wins and bowl bans, they suddenly come up with a pay for play plan and are going to try and get it in a year before the other conferences could even react.

The BigTen is cesspool, not so much all the schools, more so the powers that be.

Yeah, none of this surprises me.

I don't for a second think that it is just the big schools in the Big Ten. Every major university would have major violations. It is just Ohio State's turn to take a beating. [color:purple]I am sure nothing like this happens at Florida or Alabama.

When a player needs money there are just too many easy solutions. I don't give a shit that the players sold their Big Ten rings. As Small said, he had 4 of them and needed the money.