Jambands.ca

Langerado Sched. is out

Schwa.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could go but all the terrorist acts I've committed over the years has really limited my access into other countries. Too bad. Looks great.

BTW maxwebster, I finally checked out that Mr.T video you gave us. I have a new found appreciation for mothers all over the world.

Edited by Guest

[color:purple]They cover Metallica albums, note for note.

They're kinda electro, kinda rock... They kick ass live. I didn't like them when I first heard them, but after just two more songs I was actually up and moving around. Totally engaging and energetic live, awesome.

Here's their Wikipedia write up:

Ghostland Observatory is an American music duo based in Austin, Texas. Their music is difficult to classify, but has fittingly been described as "electro-dance soul rock." According to the band's Myspace page, they describe their sound as "A robot making love to a tree!!" Front man, Aaron Behrens, provides unique, energetic vocals and stage performances in addition to occasionally playing the guitar. Thomas Ross Turner, who often wears a cape on-stage, plays the drums/synths. The band released their first full-length album, delete.delete.i.eat.meat, in 2005 on Turner's Trashy Moped Recordings. Within a year the band also released their second CD, Paparazzi Lightning, on the same label in January 2006. Ghostland Observatory was recently featured on Austin City Limits. On October 16, 2007, they made their national television debut on NBC's Late Night With Conan O'Brien, performing the song "Sad Sad City". The band released their first live DVD, Live From Austin, TX on November 13, 2007. In a recent video shot at the Vegoose Music Festival, they announced their forthcoming album will be called Robotique Majestique, to be released on March 4, 2008. On December 26, 2007, Austin newspaper, the Austin American-Statesman, announced Ghostland Observatory as their band of the year.

MySpace page with samples

They might not be for everyone, but I think a lot of people will dig them.

I assume this festival has onsite camping. Can anyone confirm?

According to

http://www.langerado.com/home2.php?sec=2#hb

Ticket price includes access to all four days of the Langerado Music Festival and on-site camping for the duration of the event.

However,

Single-day ticket holders will not be allowed entry into the campgrounds and will be parked in a special day parking lot.

Aloha,

Brad