Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though it's spring training, I can't imagine a worse announcing tandem than what's on CityTv right now for the Jays-Reds game. City sports announcer bald Hugh Burrill doing play-by-play and news anchor Gord Martineau adding expert and insightful colour. It gets better: BreakfastTV's Jennifer Valentyne did a jazzy version of the Canadian anthem. You'd think the Jays organization could have gotten a couple of their 4000 employed announcers doing nothing to call the game.

In fairness, it's not all horrible. It is only spring training and City's Kathryne Humphries' roving reporting is pretty entertaining. She is one of the best and funniest sports announcers in the country. The Fan's fluff-reporter Barb DiGiulio is more in her element doing spring training nothing stories.

Yea it was very strange. I guess it's spring training for everyone, including the broadcasters, but personally I could've done a better job at doing colour commentary and PBP than those guys. They never seemed to know who was on the field at what time and they never really gave good insight in to what was going on.

On the plus side, the Jays finally won and it was nice to see some baseball on TV! So stoked for this season.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a bummer. Though I really didn't see him in the starting rotation, he would have been a most reliable reliever. They must be glad to have gotten Armando Benitez for the releif staff with Janssen out. After watching Chacin's start yesterday, looks like Jesse Litch is the logical choice for the 5th starter. He had a monster game in his last outing. Litch has been producing and improving all spring.

Edited by Guest