Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with you there. I think that if Stewart gets the chance he'll be a huge disappointment.

How will a career .300 hitter' date=' who last year hit .298 be a disappointment? Not a home run guy, but he'll hit the percentages.[/quote']

...with speed on the bases. Much much faster than Stairs. Healthy Reed Johnson is better than all of them though, total sparkplug and better than avg lead off guy imo.

Ya, that one is stupid, but most of them are great. I dont think your supposed to take the guy seriously though Jaimoe.

I took the players he picked for the Hall seriously, because they deserve to be there, jokes and satire aside. The Raines crack just isn't funny, and there's often nastiness with Americans and anything Canadian-themed, so the fat bastard can fuck himself with Jim Rice's bat.

Ya' date=' that one is stupid, but most of them are great. I dont think your supposed to take the guy seriously though Jaimoe.[/quote']

I took the players he picked for the Hall seriously, because they deserve to be there, jokes and satire aside. The Raines crack just isn't funny, and there's often nastiness with Americans and anything Canadian-themed, so the fat bastard can fuck himself with Jim Rice's bat.

Easy Jaimoe, no need to get the blood pressure all wound up ;)

The whole thing is a load of shit - thats the point. Justice doesnt deserve to be in b/c he is good-looking? C'mon, its a joke - made by an american - the french thing is obviously unfunny and ignorant, but its not meant to be taken seriously. Dont cry to me about it either, Im sure theres someone at ESPN eagerly awaiting your email.

Jose Rijo: Any guy who steps up big in the World Series has to be taken into strong consideration. A World Series win is worth 15 regular wins in my estimation. Rijo still comes up short, but it's something to think about.

just to split a few more hairs... he won 2 games, game 1 and game 4, both times beating dave stewart, and he dominated. 15 innings, and 1 earned run, against the friggin' A's. fuck, he was good that series... not that i think he deserves to be in the hall or anything.. but still.

;)

it's weird, no one goes on short rest anymore, eh? i say when you get to the dance, your ace goes 1, 4, 7... i call it the jack morris rule. who remembers the 10 inning 1-0 shutout in game 7 1991? he woulda done it in 1984 if the tigers hadnt won in 5, and in 1992, the jays started him in game 1 and he ruled, pushed him back to game 5 and he got killed. see? shoulda pitched him again in game 4...

So, it's come down to the wire in left feild. We all know Stairs is a lock, so it's down to Stewart vs. Johnson in the platoon. Personally I'd keep Johnson. From all that I've been reading/hearing, he's regained his form from 2006, when he hit .319, with an OBP of .390. He's a better fielder, and possibly a better baserunner, close anyway. I think they could trade Stewart for another arm, or some future player....weigh in please!

Well, if Stewart doesn't make the club, he'll have to be traded because he'll have to clear waivers if they try to send him down.

I think they'll keep him around. It's not as if Johnson has proven to anyone that he's back to 100% mentally abd phyically.

johnson released.

looks to me like economics played as much a role in this as anything else - even eating the half a million for releasing him and adding that to stewart's contract for making the team, even if stewart hits all his bonuses, they still get him on the cheap. lower risk, and they obviously dont feel they're losing anything in production.

stairs, lind, coats, and snider are all left handed outfield bats, as well. there doesnt seem to be much room for johnson now, or in the future.

Scott Rolen broke his finger during a fielding drill Sunday, and the Toronto Blue Jays' new third baseman might not be available for Opening Day.

Rolen was taking grounders in the morning on a back field when a ball hit him on the fingernail.

"It ripped his nail completely off his finger," general manager J.P. Ricciardi said.

Rolen also broke the bone above the top knuckle on his right middle finger. It's unclear how long he will be out.