Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when hes healthy hes pretty darn good...

When he's on, he's awesome. But he still battles wildness all the time too. Some games he's in control, other games he's all over the place, even when he's healthy.

You know when he threw his no hitter he walked something ridiculous like 11 batters?

But back to 92-93 Jays...I was watching ESPN's classics this weekend and caught the tail end of the 93 world series. They had some great interviews with Mitch Williams. He's a pretty cool guy. Answered everything with class.

But then! They somehow teamed him up with Joe Carter to go Bowling together (this was probably a coupole of years after the series). Worst part for poor Mitch? Carter creamed him 3 games to none! They had some laughs though and all seemed to end well, but still - it was wierd. Id like to see a Mookie Wilson/Bill Buckner special after that...wait, no I wouldnt.

Blue Jays third baseman Scott Rolen said Thursday his broken right middle finger could sideline him for six weeks.

Acquired from St. Louis in an off-season trade, Rolen was injured when was hit on the hand by a ball during a fielding drill Sunday on a back field. A screw was inserted in his finger during surgery Monday.

"The doctor gave a four-to-six week window from the time of surgery," said Rolen, whose team beat the Houston Astros 8-3 in a spring game Thursday.

[color:blue][color:red]Ughhhhhhhhh!!

Damn rain delay!

The beginning of Sportsnet's broadcast may have been the worst piece of television I've ever seen. The opening graphics are a terrible confusing clusterfuck of CGI that looks like it's from the early nineties. Then for about ten minutes the sound and image were out of sync by about 20 seconds.

It's bad enough I have to listen to Jamie Campbell all season, they could at least make it look professional.