Jambands.ca

The Throw-in

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Because I am bored at work, I've decided to come up with a game I like to call "The Throw-in".

We all love those blockbuster trades in hockey when teams trade key players to much press coverage. Interviews with the coaches, the players, the analysts, etc...

But what about that extra player that gets thrown into the deal? He usually gets little to no mention in the press because he is not the key player that was acquired... How fair is that? Well this game is for that guy: the Throw-in.

QUESTION #1:

On August 9, 1988, in a move that drastically changed the dynamics of the NHL, the Oilers traded Wayne Gretzky, along with [color:red]( ) and [color:red]( ), to the Los Angeles Kings for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, $15 million in cash, and the Kings' first-round draft picks in 1989, 1991, and 1993.

QUESTION #2:

On December 2, 1995 Montreal's head coach Mario Tremblay elected to keep Roy in the goal until he let in 9 goals on 26 shots during an 11-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. This was the last straw for Roy in what was already a contentious relationship with the rookie head coach. Three days after the incident, he was traded to Colorado along with [color:red]( ) in exchange for Jocelyn Thibault, Martin Rucinsky, and Andrei Kovalenko, which is known in Montreal as "Le Trade."

QUESTION #3:

On August 23rd, 2005 Dany Heatley was sent to the Ottawa Senators for established Slovak star Marian Hossa and [color:red]( ). Hossa, popular in Ottawa, was traded by Ottawa GM John Muckler due to his high salary demands.

QUESTION #4:

On June 28, 1994 Sundin was traded along with [color:red]( ), [color:red]( ) and a first round draft pick (acquired by Quebec in the 1992 Eric Lindros trade) to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Wendel Clark, [color:red]( ), [color:red]( ) and a 1994 1st round pick.

Those are my questions. Feel free to answer them or create your own. Change up the sport as well if you want.

No cheating and looking shit up on Wikipedia.

Are you trying to outcode me AD? LOL!!11

I remember when we traded for Mats Sundin in 1994. I was in my final year of college and remember being quite excited by Trader Cliff's move!

Sundin was traded along with Garth Butcher and Todd Warriner to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Wendel Clark, Sylvain Lefebvre and Landon Wilson.