Jambands.ca

DMB - Toronto - June 18th

Basher

I am sure there is at least one person on this board, no names mentioned (bug), that may find this interesting:

Dave Matthews Band

Wed / Jun 18 / Molson Amphitheatre / Toronto, Ontario

If you're haeding to the show, make sure to pick up the tour shirt that has THE setlist on the back.

In my opinion, one cool thing they've done is stick together as a band, keep working, putting out albums, and touring every year. Adding Rashawn Ross on trumpet is nice too and adds a nice depth to their sound.

Obviously, if someone doesn't like them by now, well then DMB just isn't for them. Me, I caught onto them back in 1995 and while it's been a rough ride over the years, I still dig 'em. I'll probably check out the Toronto show, depends on ticket prices I guess but hopefully lawn tickets won't be too extravagant.

Here's the whole tour for anyone who is interested:

05-30-08 FRI Burgettstown, PA Post-Gazette Pavillion at Star Lake State Radio

05-31-08 SAT Burgettstown, PA Post-Gazette Pavillion at Star Lake State Radio

06-03-08 TUE Camden, NJ Sesquehanna Music Center State Radio

06-03-08 WED Camden, NJ Sesquehanna Music Center State Radio

06-06-08 FRI Bridgeview, IL Toyota Park Sharon Jones & Dap Kings

06-07-08 SAT St. Louis, MO Busch Stadium Black Crowes

06-09-08 MON Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre Paolo Nutini

06-10-08 TUE Scranton, PA Toyota Pavillion at Montage Mtn. Paolo Nutini

06-13-08 FRI Hartford, CT New England Dodge Music Center Paolo Nutini

06-14-08 SAT Hartford, CT New England Dodge Music Center Paolo Nutini

06-17-08 TUE Darien Center, NY Darien Lake Performing Arts Center Paolo Nutini

06-18-08 WED Toronto, ON Molson Amphitheatre Paolo Nutini

06-20-08 FRI Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center Grace Potter & Nocturnals

06-21-08 SAT Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center Grace Potter & Nocturnals

06-24-08 TUE Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center Grace Potter & Nocturnals

06-25-08 WED Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center Michael Franti & Spearhead

06-27-08 FRI Hershey, PA Hersheypark Stadium Black Crowes

06-28-08 SAT Bristow, VA Nissan Pavillion at Stoneridge Michael Franti & Spearhead

07-01-08 TUE Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Michael Franti & Spearhead

07-02-08 WED Raleigh, NC Time Warner Cable Pavillion Michael Franti & Spearhead

07-04-08 FRI Charleston, SC Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park Old Crow Medicine Show

07-05-08 SAT Rothbury, MI Main Stage Rothbury Festival

07-07-08 MON Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre Gomez

07-09-08 WED Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre Gomez

07-11-08 FRI West Palm Beach, FL Curzan Amphitheatre Gomez

07-12-08 SAT West Palm Beach, FL Curzan Amphitheatre Gomez

07-22-08 TUE Omaha, NE Qwest Center Ingrid Michaelson

07-25-08 FRI Noblesville, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center Ingrid Michaelson

07-26-08 SAT Noblesville, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center Ingrid Michaelson

07-29-08 TUE Columbus, OH Crew Stadium Ingrid Michaelson

07-30-08 WED Cuyahoga Falls, OH Blossom Music Center Ingrid Michaelson

08-01-08 FRI Louisville, KY Louisville Slugger Field Willie Nelson

08-02-08 SAT Memphis, TN AutoZone Park Willie Nelson

08-05-08 TUE Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center TR3

08-07-08 THU Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre TR3

08-09-08 SAT East Troy, WI Alpine Valley Music Theatre Black Crowes

08-10-08 SUN East Troy, WI Alpine Valley Music Theatre Black Crowes

08-13-08 WED Oklahoma City, OK AT&T Bricktown Ballpark Eli Young Band

08-15-08 FRI The Woodlands, TX Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavillion Eli Young Band

08-16-08 SAT Dallas, TX Superpages.com Center Eli Young Band

08-19-08 TUE Los Angeles, CA Staples Center - opener TBD –

08-20-08 WED Los Angeles, CA Staples Center - opener TBD –

08-22-08 FRI Chula Vista, CA Coors Amphitheatre Robert Earl Keen

08-23-08 SAT Phoenix, AZ Cricket Wireless Pavillion Robert Earl Keen

08-25-08 MON West Sacramento, CA Raley Field Robert Earl Keen

08-27-08 WED West Valley City, UT USANA Amphitheatre Robert Earl Keen

08-29-08 FRI George, WA The Gorge Amphitheatre O.A.R.

08-30-08 SAT George, WA The Gorge Amphitheatre O.A.R.

08-31-08 SUN George, WA The Gorge Amphitheatre O.A.R.

09-05-08 FRI Berkeley, CA UC Greek Theatre Sharon Jones & Dap Kings

09-06-08 SAT Berkeley, CA UC Greek Theatre Sharon Jones & Dap Kings

09-07-08 SUN Berkeley, CA UC Greek Theatre Sharon Jones & Dap Kings

I only saw them once - and while I'm not super into teh studio stuff, it was an amazing show.

The people that were there were all really really into it I thought. And while many of them were young woman (and I was single), they weren't of the screaming and fainting variety. They were into the show.

I'd go again if it wasn't a fortune...

I lost interest in DMB a long while back. As mentioned earlier, they weren't doing anything "new" it seemed. Same old same old and the crowd changed a lot.

I remember trying to get the people I went to the Clapton show at MLG with back in '94 to go over to Lee's Palace after to catch whatever we could of DMB. None of them were interested in giving it a shot.

Caught DMB a number of times over the following couple of years and really dug their sets (one in Switzerland in '95 got to meet them after their set ... really nice guys).

I'd go and check 'em out again, but would prefer it with a comp ticket or super cheap :)

I'm not bitter, I just can't stand DMB. I saw them once, but actually bought the ticket just to see Keller open and to hang with some out-of-town friends. I coudn't have hated the show more.

That Deep Elem Blues, Keller played that night was just sick. We took our oldest daughter to this show, she was 11 days old. I thought DMB was one of the better Toronto shows they have put on over the years.

This show will sell out real quick and I wouldnt be counting on cheap lawns. It was 49.85 +11. 25 service charge that night.

Edited by Guest

i like DMB..saw them once at barrymores and it was fantastic.

as for "putting out good stuff in the last 5-10 years" i think the album 'Some Devil' is excellent.probably in my top ten albums i've bought over the last five years or so. its not DMB but his 'solo' album. trey is on a bunch of tunes. if you have not heard it i really recommend it.

thats one crazy busy tour!

Edited by Guest

I think that I only caught them once - Rochester, 2/26/95, with Kevin. Big Head Todd opened the show. (DMB opened for BHTM on the western part of that tour)

by the summer people were already complaining of shorter shows, less jamming, similar setlists, etc...

they did a Canadian tour in spring '96. mixed things up on that tour, more jamming again, longer sets, including a 2.5 hr show at the concert hall. i missed it as i was in vancouver, but I recall people, including Kevin, raving about the show.

it seemed to all go downhill shortly after that.

I think that I only caught them once - Rochester, 2/26/95, with Kevin. Big Head Todd opened the show. (DMB opened for BHTM on the western part of that tour)

Damn, I had completely forgotten that one. Thanks for jogging the memory :) I'll have to look at my ticket stubs again sometime and see if I can find that one.

they did a Canadian tour in spring '96. mixed things up on that tour, more jamming again, longer sets, including a 2.5 hr show at the concert hall.

Yup. By then it was already really hard to get a ticket. The gig at the Concert Hall (Masonic Temple) was a good on. G-Love opened. There was a special jam on Exodus due to it being the anniversary of Bob Marley's death. That show was packed with "frat boys" from US colleges with their baseball caps on being wankers.

DMB gets a bad rap for their audience but I have to say that last time I saw them - 2006 I think - at the Molson Amphitheatre, the crowd was awesome. Totally enthusiastic, on their feet all night on the lawn, dancing and singing and smiling, people were polite, no douchebaggery that I saw anywhere. And the ultimate bonus was there was very little in the way of pilled-out wookies shuffling pie-eyed through the crowd. No, these people actually seemed like they cared about their lives.

i like DMB..saw them once at barrymores and it was fantastic.

as for "putting out good stuff in the last 5-10 years" i think the album 'Some Devil' is excellent.probably in my top ten albums i've bought over the last five years or so. its not DMB but his 'solo' album. trey is on a bunch of tunes. if you have not heard it i really recommend it.

thats one crazy busy tour!

Strange that is the last album of his I bought. I hated it and haven't bought an album of his since.