Jambands.ca

Lost

phishtaper

whats with the evil racheal ray comment? i musta missed her. i definitly think Micheal wll be bens "guy on the boat"

Just my little "joke" that I think Harper (the Others therapist, Goodwin's wife) looks kind of like an evil version of Rachel Ray. And while I'm sure Michael will be the guy on the boat, I'm betting there will be an even bigger *Actual* surprise at the end of the show. As I've said before, you can usually figure out the surprise near the beginning of the episode, or even the one 10 minutes before the ending, but it's the one right at the very end of the episode that catches you flat footed.

easy on the spoilers! there's a spoiler tag in the FULL REPLY interface. USE IT.

OK, I know I screwed the pooch before with the Quantum Leap thing, and I'm sorry about that. But what is the official position about discussing the *current* season of an ongoing show? I'm actively trying to avoid stepping on people's toes here, but most people who are watching the show are at least up to date as far as the end of last season, do they all need to cover their posts with spoilers to protect the relatively few who haven't watched that far? Might it not be a better idea for the people who haven't gotten as far even as last season to avoid this thread, or at least consider that there will be plot points discussed that go past where they have watched so far?

Just as a f'rinstance, in case people think I'm being unreasonable ... last year on another board, I got into a discussion on 24, which I had never seen before. It got me interested, so I then got the previous seasons on DVD. Now , as a result of reading that thread, several key plot surprises were given away to me before I got a chance to watch them myself. It would have been great to have gotten to be surprised by them as everybody else did, but I see it as my own damned fault for reading the thread in the first place. By the same token, I am currently avoiding threads discussing The Shield, because I am now watching the past seasons on DVD. If I, say, record a particular show and haven't watched it yet, I don't expect threads on them to shut down until I get time to watch it, I just don't read them until I am caught up.

All IMIO, of course.

whats with the evil racheal ray comment? i musta missed her. i definitly think Micheal wll be bens "guy on the boat"

Just my little "joke" that I think Harper (the Others therapist' date=' Goodwin's wife) looks kind of like an evil version of Rachel Ray. And while I'm sure Michael will be the guy on the boat, I'm betting there will be an even bigger *Actual* surprise at the end of the show. As I've said before, you can usually figure out the surprise near the beginning of the episode, or even the one 10 minutes before the ending, but it's the one right at the very end of the episode that catches you flat footed.

[/quote']

Don't make fun of my Rachel Ray...BTW she's Tommy Gavin's wife...

Just my little "joke" that I think Harper (the Others therapist' date=' Goodwin's wife) looks kind of like an evil version of Rachel Ray. And while I'm sure Michael will be the guy on the boat, I'm betting there will be an even bigger *Actual* surprise at the end of the show. As I've said before, you can usually figure out the surprise near the beginning of the episode, or even the one 10 minutes before the ending, but it's the one right at the very end of the episode that catches you flat footed.

[/quote']

But you gotta admit that Andrea "Janet Gavin" Roth looks better as a blonde. BTW, Roth is from Woodstock.

[/quote']

But you gotta admit that Andrea "Janet Gavin" Roth looks better as a blonde. BTW, Roth is from Woodstock.

One Man Gang, I completely didn't catch that ... I knew she was familiar, but the hair colour threw me off. BTW, I have nothing against Rachel Ray, even have a couple of her cookbooks.

There are tons of websites that take the show to a whole other level. The "clues" that have been purposefully leaked by the show and extra Dharma Co. film footage, etc. make it a lot of fun. There are a lot of people REALLY into this show :)

http://www.magiclamp.org/index.php/lost-spoilers/official-abc-lost-websites/

http://www.lost-tv.com/links/

a guy at work just told me about http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

gonna check out the other sites too I guess I didn't realize there was so much chatter out there on the web...

I've been reading it at work today since about 5:00 with only a few breaks when work has the nerve to pop up here (Sunday's are slow)...anyway pretty cool site with recaps and extended explaination but I love the "theories" part for basicaly any questions you could think of.

I love the show - I watched the first two seasons when it started and really like it - then got away from it for various reasons (and I think it was season 2 that I feared it was slipping)

Anyway we rented it last fall from season one on and timing worked out so that we just finished before this season started. I love it even more now then the first season!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

the show is fucked. so fucking fucked. I'm so impressed with the quality of the hi-def feed after watching dvd and downloaded versions up until the new episode that we saw tonight.

was tonight the first new episode? It seemed like we missed something.

they have a website? I haven't seen a web server on that island, despite all of the other technology there. Michael's kid seemed to find a way to use the island's computer network to communicate with his dad, but that was just a LAN. If they had a WAN with access to the internet, you'd think they could send out an S.O.S.

First, Mike doesn't know what season of Battlestar Galactica he's watching, and now he's confused about what Lost episode he's watching... not to mention he's furious with me because he never listened to the many testimonials regarding the genius of the film Once (these testimonials only recently registered in his brain). I think Booche needs to arrange an intervention. I'll gas my car up and wait for the call.