Jambands.ca

Asheville bound! / Asheville log

captainsunshine

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends of ours live in Charlotte, tons of great music in NC! As for festies- they love AmJam(Asheville Music Jamboree) We use to go down for Smilefest which was a great festival until it got a little too large. We're looking forward to seeing moe. down there in a couple of weeks for our annual visit :)

Joni, you better come visit us!! We would LOVE it! (And you would love it in that little mountain town!)

And if you can't make it down, we will definitely see you at Gratefulfest, right??

:);):P

Asheville sounds great! So don't be surprised if some day you wake up to find an Asian hippie biker chick camped on your front lawn! And yes, I'll definately be seeing you at Gratefulfest. That'll be my last stop on my bike tour. I'm looking forward to tossing a bag'o wine around a campfire with you guys again! :)

Asheville sounds great! So don't be surprised if some day you wake up to find an Asian hippie biker chick camped on your front lawn! And yes, I'll definately be seeing you at Gratefulfest. That'll be my last stop on my bike tour. I'm looking forward to tossing a bag'o wine around a campfire with you guys again! :)

Yay! We have a 1 acre lot, lots of room for a tent!! We also have a fire pit, so a bag'o buzz can be arranged for that as well!

I'm looking forward to seeing you soon, and I'm looking forward to hearing of your adventures!

:)

Wow...just catching up on this!

CONGRATS!!!! Asheville looks and sounds awesome for you guys as you continue the "long strange trip...." that is a marriage of two freaks!!! Your quote below and some of your other comments about your trip to Ashville remind me of many, many times Dave & I shared in both near and far/overseas locales! Keep it WEIRD. Keep it FUN. Keep it HOT!!!!;):o

Beauty and weirdness awaits!

• 2 weeks later...

Woooooooo Hoooooooooooo!

So we arrived a few days ago, and we both couldn't be happier! We have an awesome little spot that we're getting set up, and we're ready for some hard core exploring!

Thanks for the kind words, y'all, and I hope that we all will cross paths soon!

I can't wait for some of ya to visit us and fall in love with this magical place!

This is the view from our back porch:

DSC03803.jpg

Heady!

• 4 weeks later...
You'd better get us an asheville log. I presume more of us on here would love to know more about this little gem in the southeast

I will definitely try to keep this thread updated with pictures and stuff every so often.. One good thing about living here is that I've been keeping myself busy with other forms of entertainment through nature and exploration instead of electronic forms (computer and tv)..

This area really has a different feel than any other area I've visited or lived. There's sort of a "living well" energy felt around here and it makes me want to make better life choices for myself.

There's a lot of push for locally produced goods and services, such as independently owned cafes and restaurants whose ingredients consist of fresh, organic, locally grown produce and even meats. There are incredible amounts of vegetarian/vegan restaurants which appeals to me since I'm vegetarian.. I actually think that Asheville was named by PETA the most vegetarian-friendly small city..

The people around here are super friendly. It's not uncommon to engage in a half-hour conversation with a complete stranger while out. It's a slow pace around here, and it makes for a more enjoyable, friendly life it seems like. I'm still trying to slow myself down and become more patient since I'm used to the fast-paced city life..

Anyways.. I will leave y'all with some pictures.. We haven't taken many, but these are from a rainy day driving around exploring the countryside.. And the last 2 are from our 4/20 Smoke-out in our back yard..

DSC03926.jpg

DSC03936.jpg

DSC03929.jpg

DSC03944.jpg

DSC03946.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy, been awhile since I've had a chance to get on here...

Hope y'all are doing great !!!

We are certainly lovin' our new mountain paradise we now call home...

anyways

wanted to say High :) and share a few pics, peace

DSC04042-1.jpg

DSC04043.jpg

DSC04050-1.jpg

DSC04073-1.jpg

DSC04083.jpg

DSC04084.jpg

DSC04085.jpg

DSC04088.jpg

DSC04113.jpg

DSC04114.jpg

DSC04115.jpg

DSC04132.jpg

DSC04135.jpg

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04150.jpg

DSC04157.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

DSC04178.jpg

DSC04179.jpg

DSC04188.jpg

DSC04160.jpg

DSC04168.jpg

DSC04190.jpg

DSC04192.jpg

I love all the wildflowers here.. It makes hiking so much more beautiful than it already is..

There's a lot of rhododendrons here, and although most of them aren't flowered out yet, they make the forests so beautiful and amazing.. I can't wait to hike when they're all flowered out!

There's just so much history around here.. Driving around we see so many old, empty farm houses and farms. They have a old farmland preservation program where they do not allow the re-sale of the land once abandoned by native Appalachian farmers to protect it from non-farm development, which I think is really cool. It would be so disappointing to be on our drives through the mountains only to find subdivisions and other crap.. I love the look of the rustic, rugged mountains with the old farmhouses..

This is just such a magical place, and it's HOME!