Jambands.ca

Playoff pool?

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than waiting for replies during the draft, maybe everyone can submit their preference list, and I would generate the teams based on draft order and preferences?

No. A draft. If it doesnt get done it doesnt get done. Commit only if you are in. Roller can pick names out of a hat for the draft order. I totally trust him. And make it a snake draft.

Guest Low Roller

Interesting method.

I was thinking more along the lines of a random order generator (there are plenty on the web) once all the names are in. The deadline for entering can be as far away as April.

So far the following people are in (off of the top of my head):

- Low Roller

- Booche

- Rubberdinghy

- LXQ42

- AD

- Dave-O

- Badams

- MattyC

- Tissue Man

- Hal Johnson

- Plomox

- Blane

- (Ollie?)

That's 12 maybe 13 people in for a draft... I think that we may be reaching a maximum for such a format.

Man, seems like its gonna be a tough call this year thanks to Ottawa crapping the bed. Last year it was pretty simple, just pick a bunch of Ottawa and Buffalo guys, Some Anaheims and Detroits and a way you go. This year there's just too mnay possibilities. Check this out (obviously it can change drastically - but still)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/matchups?season=2008

Guest Low Roller

Here is another question. Do you guys want a pool with minimal-to-no maintenance, or do you want a more involved pool (bench players, line-ups, etc...)

Guest Low Roller

It is simple, but it does not address a no-show. If we wait for everyone to pick, it could take days. We should agree to a particular date and time, and hold the draft then.

Updated list:

- Low Roller

- Booche

- Rubberdinghy

- LXQ42

- AD

- Dave-O

- Badams

- MattyC

- Tissue Man

- Hal Johnson

- Plomox

- Blane

- Jakis

- (Ollie?)

The only way to combat a no-show is to have each team pick so many players. Something like 15 or so.

9 forwards, 4 defencemen and 2 goalies.

Host the draft and if it looks like it wont be completed you could have anyone that is interested PM you their team by a certain date/time.

Plan for the draft and set a date/time for all the picks to be in.

If that doesnt happen by your set schedule, have everyone that is interested submit 15 players to you (9 forwards, 4 D, 2 goalies....just an example) by a particular date/time. This means people will definitely have the same players on each team but I highly doubt you will see 2 teams with the exact same players because things are so diverse this season.

This should guaranteee a playoff pool whether it is a 'draft' or a 'pick-em'

If that doesnt happen by your set schedule, have everyone that is interested submit 15 players to you (9 forwards, 4 D, 2 goalies....just an example) by a particular date/time. This means people will definitely have the same players on each team but I highly doubt you will see 2 teams with the exact same players because things are so diverse this season.

I think this method is more practical. And we should limit it to 2 or 3 players per team.

In!

I think what he is suggesting is that we cant pick more than 2 or 3 players from each team.

I am out if that is the case. I've hated that fucking shit more than anything. Worst. Rule. Ever. In. Fantasy. Hockey.

It takes away the gambling aspect.

Edited by Guest
D'd