Jambands.ca

Playoff pool?

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly, it was easier back in tha day. Now they play each other so freakin much it's just annoying. For the sake of this forum I've always felt it better to side with the Lafs, but when push comes to shove, it's Les Brah's so to speak.

WHAT?! There's two of you? ;)

In case you missed it Dinghy:

Ollie wants to limit the amount of players taken from each team to 2 or 3 and only joins office pools filled with bandwagon jumpers who prefer to pick from their hometown, Roller wants to have 'secret teams' even though he cant figure out how to run a pool he started, this forum is full of newbs that have never played a sport in their life, Hal jacks off and there are a ton of stoners posting here.

Got it?

this forum is full of newbs that have never played a sport in their life, Hal jacks off and there are a ton of stoners posting here.

hey! I think I resent that! but im too busy eating dorito's and jacking off as well to care.

i do like the liberal use of "fucktard" and other jovial nicknames here in jockville, though.

hmmmmmmmmmm, ok, i will be that little asian girl. i will rise to the challenge. im in.

ok, so what do i do? and who do i give my $20 to? :D

Good on ya brother!

Speaking of money - anyone interested in a different one - $10 entry probably? A guy at work is doing it - its a fundrasier too, so its for a good cause.

• 2 weeks later...

So, has everyone submitted their teams yet? ;)

Serious inquiry:

If anyone is interested in a paying pool please PM me. its $5 bucks per entry, 3 for $10, or 5 for $15...

I have to raise money and I feel no shame for my solicitation. Also, aside from monetary prizes for 1, 2nd, and third, theres also Hockey Hall of fame passes and other NHLPA crap too.

Guest Low Roller

So are we doing this thing or not?

Anybody have any idea how to organize a last minute playoff pool for roughly 15 people? As Booche pointed out, I have no idea what I'm doing.

* Each team will consist of 15 players. 10 Forwards 4 Defensemen 1 Team Goalie (YOU GET WHOEVR STARTS FOR THE TEAM).

* The players will be comprised from teams that make the 2008 playoffs.

* There is no draft, just submit a team of 15 players.

Goal = 1

Assist = 1

OT Winning Goal = 2

Goalie Win = 1

Goalie Shutout = 3

* I will accept entries until the puck drop of the first playoff game.

* Teams may have the same players so we will need a tie breaker. So along with your team please submit who you think will win the Cup and how many games it will take them to win.

Ex... Montreal 21 games

* The first tie breaker will be goals scored (not including OT bonus points)

* The Cup winner will be used if that is tied as well or if by some fluke two people have the exact same team. If neither team has the winner, the team that went furthest and closest to their games played will be the winner.

PRIZES

Bragging rights

WHERE TO SEND YOUR TEAM??

You can email me at badams_b@sympatico.ca

or

Send me a PM on the site.

You can send your team anytime you want. If a player gets injured or is out for any other reason BEFORE the playoffs you can change him. There are no trades or waivers in this pool. Everyone starts with 15 players and that is it.

I will select my team by tomight. I will email it to anybody that request it so there is no way I can be persuaded to change my team by looking at others.

I will also use officepools again to tabulate our results.