Jambands.ca

Leonard Cohen to tour

bradm

According to

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Story.aspx?StoryID=13260

Immediately following his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Leonard Cohen announced his world tour, marking a return to the live arena after 15 years. He is scheduled to open in Toronto on June 6 and 7, the city that gave birth to his career as a recording and literary artist, and then play Europe in the remainder of June, July, August and early September.

The two Toronto dates are

06-Jun-08 Toronto Sony Centre For The Performing Arts

07-Jun-08 Toronto Sony Centre For The Performing Arts

Aloha,

Brad

I'm so in.

23-Jun-08 Montreal Montreal Jazz Festival / Place des Arts

24-Jun-08 Montreal Montreal Jazz Festival / Place des Arts

25-Jun-08 Montreal Montreal Jazz Festival / Place des Arts

Anyone know how the tickets work for this? ie. do you buy separate tics for individual shows at the MTL Jazz Festival? C'mon brad help me here buddy...

He is scheduled to open in Toronto on June 6 and 7, the city that gave birth to his career as a recording and literary artist

No doubt written by a Torontonian, as that's pretty much false if what I know about Cohen is true. His writing took off in Montreal while his music began in Nashville.

Anyone know how the tickets work for this? ie. do you buy separate tics for individual shows at the MTL Jazz Festival?

That's how it's worked for every show I've seen at the Jazz Fest (besides the free shows, obviously)

One of the articles I read about this today said that while the present leg is almost entirely overseas, there will be a proper North American tour come Fall.

This definitely put Mr. Cohen on my mind today, and I'm betting I was the only one at the gym tonight who had him as the soundtrack on the ol' iPod.

oh sure, you can rationalize it in any number of ways, but its still greedy. Gordon Lightfoot tickets are $60 to $90. Elton, Bruce and Sting tix are $70 to $120. yes, the bulk of Neil tix were $150 and up, and that firmly places him in the greedy category - like he needed it.

the more the big names gouge our pockets to see their one show, the less we can afford to see the many bands that do need our money.