Jambands.ca

I can't believe how dumb Canadians are

bokonon

So I had a bet going tonight for $1000. How many states are in the USA? I talked to ten different Canadians and they all gave me the same answer (which was contrary to my own).

So Jambands.ca memebers, how many do you think there are?

P.S. No looking it up before you answer (I'm looking at you BradM!)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Canadians be dumb if they can't name the US states? Ask us about our own Provinces and leave the states to the Americans ;)

agreed. besides' date=' everyone knows there's only one state: confusion.[/quote']

Intoxication.

Aloha,

Brad

Why would Canadians be dumb if they can't name the US states? Ask us about our own Provinces and leave the states to the Americans ;)

agreed. besides' date=' everyone knows there's only one state: confusion.[/quote']

Intoxication.

Aloha,

Brad

Ahhhhhhhh yes...

sweet sweet Intoxication. I will see you there in 13 hours :)

It's a nice piece of trivial knowledge for Canadians but not all that important that we need to know how many states there are. I would not base any Canadians knowledge on the fact they don't know the answer. Though I am guessing that more Canadians would get it right compared to Americans.

Perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but my initial reactions are:

Who the fuck cares, and the headline of this thread is remarkably insulting. To accuse people of one country as being stupid because they don't know another country's trivia is fucking lame.

And yes, the amount of states in the USA is trivial to Canadians.

How many states are there in Mexico brainiac? It's part of North America so I guess you should know bokobrainer.

The best part of your smug post bokowrong is that I assume you think there are 50 states. Wow, are you fucking dumb. There are 46 states. Virginia, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Kentucky are not states, they're commonwealths.

Fuck.

Further to what Velvet said: the people who don't know this (or some other piece of) information aren't stupid, they're ignorant*. Ignorance isn't nearly as severe or bad as stupidity, as it can be corrected, and corrected pretty easily. Stupidity is much harder to overcome.

Aloha,

Brad

* And given the vast number of things that can be known, each of us is much more ignorant than knowledgeable.

Edited by Guest