Jambands.ca

I can't believe how dumb Canadians are

bokonon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Ventriloquist visiting Australia walks into a small town and sees a local sitting on his porch patting his dog. He figures he'll have some fun, so he says to the Auzzie "Can I talk to your dog?"

Auzzie: "The dog doesn't talk, you stupid Pom"

Ventriloquist: "Hello dog, how's it going mate?

Dog: "Doin' all right"

Auzzie: (Look of extreme shock)

Ventriloquist: "Is this your owner?" (Pointing at the Auzzie)

Dog: "Yep"

Ventriloquist: "How does he treat you?"

Dog: "Real good. He walks me twice a day, feeds me great food and takes Me to the lake once a week to play"

Auzzie: (Look of disbelief)

Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your horse?"

Auzzie: "Uh, the horse doesn't talk either. I think"

Ventriloquist: "Hey horse, how's it going?"

Horse: "Cool"

Auzzie: (Absolutely dumfounded)

Ventriloquist: "Is this your owner?" (Pointing to the

Auzzie)

Horse: "Yep"

Ventriloquist: "How does he treat you?"

Horse: "Pretty good, thanks for asking. He rides me regularly, brushes Me down often and keeps me in the barn to protect me from the elements"

Auzzie: (Total look of amazement)

Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your sheep?"

Auzzie: (In a panic) "The sheep's a f**kin liar"

Perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but my initial reactions are:

Who the fuck cares, and the headline of this thread is remarkably insulting. To accuse people of one country as being stupid because they don't know another country's trivia is fucking lame.

And yes, the amount of states in the USA is trivial to Canadians.

How many states are there in Mexico brainiac? It's part of North America so I guess you should know bokobrainer.

The best part of your smug post bokowrong is that I assume you think there are 50 states. Wow, are you fucking dumb. There are 46 states. Virginia, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Kentucky are not states, they're commonwealths.

Fuck.

Post of the day :)

There are 46 states. Virginia, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Kentucky are not states, they're commonwealths.

Ok, I was born and raised in Kentucky, and as a matter of fact, it is a state, along with Virginia, Mass, and Pennsylvania.. Just because they are commonwealths doesn't mean they're not states..

To back me up, Wikipedia says: Kentucky is one of four U.S. states to be officially known as a commonwealth.

Just wanted to clear that up..

There are 50 stars on the US flag.. Representing 50 states..

Wikipedia again:

Four of the constituent states of the United States officially designate themselves Commonwealths: Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. This designation, which has no constitutional impact, emphasizes that they have a "government based on the common consent of the people" as opposed to one legitimized through their earlier Royal Colony status that was derived from the King of Great Britain. The word commonwealth is of English derivation and refers to the common "wealth" or welfare of the public. In common parlance, people do not make the distinction between state or commonwealth.

Further to what Velvet said: the people who don't know this (or some other piece of) information aren't stupid, they're ignorant*. Ignorance isn't nearly as severe or bad as stupidity, as it can be corrected, and corrected pretty easily. Stupidity is much harder to overcome.

Aloha,

Brad

I'm not sure about ignorance or stupidity being the matter...just uneducated.

* And given the vast number of things that can be known, each of us is much more ignorant than knowledgeable.

velvet missed the beer store last night....

that is so funny' date=' we pulled into the beer store at like 9:59 last night and they wouldn't let us in. grrrrr[/quote']

I know, I was on the other side of the locked door trying to get Velvets attention to spot him some beer

Now Captain, I'm just a dumb Canadian, but it seems that if Kentucky is officially a commonwealth, it isn't officially a state, or why else would they make the distinction? I know everyone refers to it as a state, but consensus is not truth (despite wikipedia).

Is the Dead Sea a sea just because everyone says it is, or is it a lake?